Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / ghost objects

Author
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jul 2004 11:15
Hey it seems i am starting to absorb a bit of knowledge now and i can finally see my ideas working!!!! thanks to the help of forumn members!!! (Thankyou..)

So, i have made my levels and loaded them in sucessfully as an .x file - i can move the level, move the camera etc. Am i right in saying that when i move the camera, object - that the ghost copy of the object has to be moved exactly the same????? - and when i tried this, the ghost copy didnt stay on the coords of the actual object - i could see its edges (The ghost is the lighting and texture info - yeah?) How do the two gell together - or have i not got to move the gost copy as well - just the actualy object its ghosting....

Wow - sorry if that sounds confusin..
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 02:27 Edited at: 13th Jul 2004 02:28
Ghost copy? Im guessing youre using a second object as a second layer for your lightmap? Then yes if you move one youll have to move the other (unless you set the lightmap as a limb/child to the main object. do that in your 3d modeling program). If it doesnt look like they are lining up after you move them, check and make sure their base position is the same (ther position offset from the modeling program you used to make them). Just do a little trial and error (move the ghosted object to the other objects position +- a couple units) untill you can till which drection the offset is.

All you need is zeal

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:25:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:25:42