Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / GeForceFX 5200 - can't install...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "From reading what you post, DON`T TOUCH A THING!!"

Yeah, i know what you mean. This is one of my first times in a pc, so I might as well get some help from a fixing guy. And I know just the person.

My pc does work with the old card.(i had to change back and forth from card to card to test all this stuff out)

I've been at this too long, obviously I don't know what I'm doing (this would've been over 3 days ago otherwise...), so I'll stop messing around with it now, and ask this computer guy. Thanks for the help though everyone, I'll think of this as a learning experience.
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeah!
As a final question, would formatting my computer help?
A bit drastic, but I'll do whatever it takes. Would it help at all?
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I doubt it. Tell us what was wrong when the guy fixes it.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2004 21:42
Formatting your PC is a very last step - your PC was working (and still works) with your old card so there's no need to format it - In fact I'm guessing your IT bud will get it working without too much trouble, graphics cards can be plain awkward for no good reason. Just watch him and try to get some tips for next time .

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry people,
I thought I answered this thread before, but my comp crashed while it was posting, and I wasn't sure if it posted (that was like 15 days ago). It was a motherboard compatibility issue (the guy wasn't very clear about it). Anyway, for some reason a GeforceFx5600 worked, and he gave me that free of charge. The thing is, he couldn't do it on the spot, and I had to leave my comp at his shop for the weekend, and he could have stolen my precious DB game I've been working on for over a year
Aside from that, this graphics card rocks!
The fx shaders look sooooo cool. Thanks people for the advice before

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:31:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:31:02