Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Paypal merchant question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 02:36
For any users of PayPal...

I have a "buy now" button on my website, and the buyer is then confronted with a page where they fill in their details to pay me £4.99 (this is me just testing, not actually selling stuff)

What happens when they fill out their details? How do I get the money? Do I get an e-mail telling me their adress etc... so I can send them the product they bought?

The site isn't very helpful

Dumbo - demo coming August 31st

http://www.ddrw.dbspot.com/new
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 02:44
paypal does the CC checking for you and holds the payment in your paypal account. Then you can transfer the funds out of your PP account to your bank account. I have a PP account for my business and its way more flexible than using PP as an individual.

If you include that the item needs to be shipped the user will have to fill in that information. When you get the pp payment confirmation the data will be included

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - 65 FREE Functions * Click Logo
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 02:50
What about if I am offering a download product, they pay the £4.99 via PayPal and then I send them an e-mail listing download URL?

Is this possible?
Thanks for help so far, that clears up some of it.

Dumbo - demo coming August 31st

http://www.ddrw.dbspot.com/new
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 02:55 Edited at: 13th Jul 2004 02:56
well how I do it is when the PP transaction is done, they allow you to have specified a success url and a fail url. Point the success url to the download page Our software has a licensing system as well as registration process on our site - so what I do is wait to recieve a PP payment confirmation from that customer before ever issuing them a license key. It is possible that someone could purchase your software via pp and register it with you before PP emails you the confirmation, so just state that somewhere on one of your pages that you will wait for the PP confirmation before issuing them their key

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 04:29
Where can I get more info on that success and fail URL and how to use it?
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 04:40 Edited at: 13th Jul 2004 04:46
you can download PPals user guide as a pdf. explains all this stuff.
Lemmee see if I can find a link - mind you I am speaking from experience as a Registered Buisiness with PPal, not as an individual user which has restrictions - keep that in mind

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/singleitem-manual-outside

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:38:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:38:35