Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Is the guide book applicable?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 12:18
Hello, this is my first post on these forums, the first of what I hope to be a great experience. I am just beginning to get interested in DarkBasic. I have been playing around with the free trial version of DB, and have the DBPro on the way. I was interested in getting the "Beginner's Guide To DarkBasic Programming" off of the website, and although I will probably get it any way, I was wondering if it is geared towards DarkBasic Classic (which is the regular version I presume), or the Proffesional version. I still think it would be important to learn the syntax and coding methods, but I was wondering if the examples are for DBPro or DB, and also if it covers the advanced features that are only in DBPro. Thanks for any answers!
Ocean Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2004 13:01
I'm pretty sure it works in both.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more then
1.5 tons. - Popular Mechanics, 1949
raar
Years of Service
User Offline
the book is for both. It has a cd with the source files for the examples in dbc and in dbpro.
Also some parts are for the pro version but it has explenations how to do it with the classic version too. But its mostly for the dbc version. And its for beginner so i don't think it covers the most complicated functions of pro

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:35:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:35:31