Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Is the DBP July Download version with Darkmatter a good deal?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2004 00:39
Okay I am using DBC because it was only like 20 bucks off of amazon and I wanted to see how DB worked. Now I have the hang of DBC and was wondering if I should upgrade for the 55 dollars for DBP and Darkmatter. Now my main question is, is the DBP manual that the download version does not come with very very important for someone switching from DBC to DBP? Or is the DBP manual just like the DBC manual and contain all the syntax that you find inside the program its self under help?

Also about the media issues. I read that the 90mb download version of DBP does not contain a lot of the media files and example programs. Is this a major problem or will Darkmatter make up for it?

Hoss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2004 00:47
I'd buy the download version with Darkmatter. It doesn't come with a lot of media or help, but there are many other places on the web that can compensate for this.

There's no problem so large it can't be solved by killing the user off, deleting their files, closing their account and reporting their REAL earnings to the IRS.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2004 00:58
I rarely use the manual, the online help is how most people get clued up - if your familiar with DB then being limited to the online help should'nt be a worry.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2004 02:46
Also note that DBPro Online + DarkMATTER is a limited time offer, we will be removing DarkMATTER and increasing the base price of DBPro Online quite soon (before the end of August).

Cheers,

Rich

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:38:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:38:50