Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS import level?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think ive got the idea of how you make characters guns ect. Ive run through the fps tutorial that comes with db classic i made a sniper rifle that shoots rockets

Anyway, i want to do somthing decent now, as i said i think i can make the characters, but im not to sure how you get to import levels, rather than the pathetic random vertex.

Could someone help me, a opensource maybe, or a tutorial?

thanks in advance

-nath
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 09:03
Over here in England it's time I was getting some beauty sleep but by tomorrow night I'll have something done up for you, just don't leave the country.

Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 10:59 Edited at: 19th Jul 2004 11:02
I recently added to a bsp style sliding collision thingy in code snippets. All you have to do for that is specify the objects name, and hey presto, your running around your level. Merci Sparky.

Linky:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=35342&b=6

Infra-Dark
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 07:27
Right. I'm guessing your talking about levels for an FPS. You presumably already have some form of 3d modelling software because you made that sniper rifle (which sounds like one kick ass weapon by the way) The simplest of all levels would be 4 walls to make a square, with your player running around inside, I've tried it before and this is pretty easy to make in programs like Milkshape. You then load this level the same way as you load weapons, characters etc, add a collision box onto all the wals and your character, a simple bit of camera movement and hey presto, you've imported a level. If you want to go into more complex levels then you really need to think about a level editing program like DeleD or Cartography Shop.

p.s. Now I read back over this I'm not sure whether I put enough detail in, if there is anything your still struggling with e-mail me at gamemad@msn.com and I'll see what I can do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 17:30:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 17:30:10