Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Load object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey all,

i have an object "aug.x" and i want it to be the players gun in my fps. Anyway i know you have to

load object "aug.x",12

but how would i position it so it was slightly to the right of the screen. Do you have to do somthing like a make object command?

thanks in advance

-nath

p.s my .x gun doesnt seem to be textured, there's an easy way to texture it and line up the textures right?
eat much pie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2004 04:23 Edited at: 17th Jul 2004 04:24
The texture files must be in the same folder as the .x object. That should solve the texture issue.

As for the gun offset, you could simply use a bit of maths to calculate where to position it.

I haven't tried this code, so it may not be completely accurate, but I think it should work.

Happy Coding!

Checkpoint Router: my very own AI routing program: http://eatmuchpie.dbspot.com
osc
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe thanks pieman, i atachually managed to do it myself but hey!

Ohh, and thankyou very much for the texture thingy, ill have to keep that in mind

hehe, i also managed to make a choose left or right handed gun placement command. Ill sure it will cause lots of hell later

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:32:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:32:49