Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need Help For 3rd Person camera in DBC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2004 04:43
I'm making a game like final fantasy 8 and need 3rd person camera can some one help please?

Andras
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2004 06:40
You have a few options for makeing a third-person camera. I would recommend the "Set Camera To Follow" command.
Quote: "
This command automatically controls the camera to provide a tracking system. By providing the 3D world coordinate of the entity you wish to track, and some camera data your camera will automatically update its current position each time this command is called. The X, Y, Z and Angle values provide the coordinate to track. The Camdist value specifies the required distance between the coordinate and the camera. The Camheight value specifies the required height of the camera in 3D space. The Camsmooth value specifies the level of smoothing required for the camera, where a value of 1.0 is no smoothing and a value of 100.0 is lots of smoothing. The Colflag value is a special flag that allows the camera to detect whether it is hitting any of the static collision boxes and if set to one will automatically adjust so as not to enter these collision areas.

SYNTAX:
SET CAMERA TO FOLLOW X, Y, Z, Angle, Camdist, Camheight, Camsmooth, ColFlag
"

So if you wanted the camera to track object number 1, the code would look something like this...

Set Camera To Follow Object Position X(1),Object Position Y(1),Object Position Z(1), Object Angle Y(1), 40, 20, 25

Well... I hope I helped...

The computer isn't an addiction, its more of a mental and social dependancy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 17:22:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 17:22:51