Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / compiler error =(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 03:30 Edited at: 19th Jul 2004 03:34
I was trying to compile a simple count down program from the Beginner's Guide to DB Programming, and the last few complies I have tried I have gotten this msg:
"Failed to load 'LoadProjectFile'"
"Failed to load 'Load DBA'"
"Failed to load 'Load DBA'"
...in a pop-up box, and the compile stops. Does any one know what this is from, or more importantly, how to correct it?

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I use DBpro!
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 05:38
Does anybody have any ideas? If I can't figure this out, it will ct my DB career very short
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 05:56
It could be a corrupt project file. Copy and Paste the source into a new project and see if it works.
Or you could locate the project directory and delete the project (.dbpro) file. Then open the source file (.dba) and the editor should ask if you want to create a project file.

can i scream
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 06:34
Thank you so much! That seems to make sence! I'm at work now, but I'll try it when I get home!
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 09:46
OK, went home and checked it out. I'M AN IDIOT!! What it was was that I had made a simple program, compiled, and erased the text and made a new program without changing projects ! So I was trying to make another .exe with the same name. It was kind of a cryptic error msg though!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 17:29:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 17:29:05