Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] Flooded with attacks?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 13:21
I have the McAfee personal firewall + and everyday i get about 20 to 30 alerts of people either trying to launch "New Tear" attacks (whats that?) on me or try to ping me about 10 times or try to connect me to a site/port.

Also, i had a whole log file or IPs of hackers trying to hack... Log file suddenly got deleted (its blank now)... I think it was hacked My firewall did nothing.

Anyone know any tools out there that specialize in catching trojans (also said something about Sub7 trying to connect)? Thanks!

BTW, first time posting with Ice Dragon. Hello everyone

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 17:01
Most hacking attempts are by script kiddies. People who downloaded some tool or other and are trying to get it to work. They lack the real knowledge to get through a firewall.

The ones that have the brains, the real hackers, they'll get through no matter what firewall you have. The clever little swine know a million and one tricks to breach your PC and if they want in, they going to get it.

There's not a lot you can do to stop them.

This happens to everyone on the net, and is why a firewall is so necessary. If your on at peak times then you might find your firewall flashes up as much as 10 times an hour. For those of you without a firewall this is what your letting through.

The solution is to turn the firewall into silent mode - which might be hard with McCaffee as that program does seem to have somewhat of an ego and likes to tell you how great it is every couple of minutes by crashing your programs to announce what it has just done.

Which is the biggest tool? The computer, or the muppet who invented it?
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 17:57
hahaha I know of one way to stop hackers! Turn off the pc, unplug it, lock it into a safe deposit box, never touch it again. There you go... no more hacker problem... no more pc though either... Other then that... yea what Andy said.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 18:53
OMG! Dark sin! You should tell the world about this idea! It's brilliant!

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
[IMG][/IMG]
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 20:49
If you're firewall is telling you all this, it means it's working!

Are you sure the logfile isn't cleared periodically?

I use Sygate (free) in Silent Mode as Andy suggests. the Sygate website lets you test all the different types of traffic and reports back on how secure and visible you are. With a good firewall, nobody should even know you are there if you so desire. Even the serious hackers will bypass you, they would rather pick out the easy targets. Unless of course you are a bank or government security department.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Ice Dragonz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:30
LOL...yah. Thanks! Allready reformated my computer and he still came back. I know what this is. I did research. Its probably an attack zombie trojan. He gave random people attack zombie trojans that target my computer and is trying to get though. I know his E-mail, but its stolen. Heeeyyy, this is exacly like what happened on grc.com with Wicked and the zombie trojans LOL. Anyway, the "script kiddy" won't stop, so im gona have to do one of these things to end the horible (lol) zombie trojans:

Get a new IP and reformat my computer

Talk to someone who was infected with his trojans (Currently am) and try to track him (the hacker) down

Watch for lilbro*** (thats the hacker's (stolen) AOL accout). If hes on, i talk to him.

Arrgghh... I get pinged or attacked every 2 minutes... litterly

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:33
when you reformat your drive use your bios or disk util to Zero-Fill the drive, that will wipe everything including all the little nooks and crannies of the boot sector

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - 65 FREE Functions * Click Logo
Ice Dragonz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:35
lol. I did exacly that Didn't work. Im pretty sure hes just targeting my IP. I pitty the next guy who gets my IP

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:46
My guess is you have a perfectly normal working firewall and nothing to worry about.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1057280262

BlackBird thinks he owns the sky,
But he can't look me in the eye,
-Andy Bell
Ice Dragonz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:47
Um... yahz Just wanted to let u all know, my computer is acting VERY strange. I have about 30 or 40 open connections to different computers when i really should have 0 or 1. Ekkk. LOL

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 03:31
Ditch McCaffee. Get decent protection for your computer. McCaffee is a programmers nightmare for one, always interfering with stuff your coding, and second, it's really rather awful.

Which is the biggest tool? The computer, or the muppet who invented it?
Ice Dragonz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 03:52 Edited at: 20th Jul 2004 03:53
ok, thanks..

Ekkk

A computer at www.kligerweiss.net has pinged your computer.

A computer at 173.Red-213-98-121.pooles.rima-tde.net has attempted an unsolicited connection to TCP port 1025 on your computer.
TCP port 1025 is commonly used by the "network blackjack" service or program. The "Black Jack" port is used by many services -- it is the first high port available on your system.

A computer at va-martinsville3b-39.chvlva.adelphia.net has pinged your computer.

A computer at va-martinsville3b-39.chvlva.adelphia.net has pinged your computer.

A computer at sgmail.sagasolutions.com has attempted to access one of your system ports (TCP port 443). If you want to allow this traffic, you should either Trust the IP address or open the port in the System Services Tool.

TCP port 443 is commonly used by the "HTTP protocol over TLS/SSL" service or program. HTTP using secure sockets. Someone has scanned your computer to see if it's running a web server using secure sockets.

computer at host199-129.pool8251.interbusiness.it has attempted an unsolicited connection to TCP port 1025 on your computer.
TCP port 1025 is commonly used by the "network blackjack" service or program. The "Black Jack" port is used by many services -- it is the first high port available on your system.

A computer at pool-68-161-149-182.ny325.east.verizon.net has attempted to access one of your system ports (TCP port 5000). If you want to allow this traffic, you should either Trust the IP address or open the port in the System Services Tool.

TCP port 5000 is commonly used by the "UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)" service or program. This port is used by windows for it's "Universal Plug and Play" service. UPnP has a number of serious security vulnerabilities and is blocked by default. If you are using ICS and are having problems with clients accessing the Internet to send email to yahoo.com you may need to add 192.168.0.255 to your trusted IP list. However you should not open this port to the Internet.

A computer at va-martinsville3b-39.chvlva.adelphia.net has attempted to access one of your system ports (TCP port 80). If you want to allow this traffic, you should either Trust the IP address or open the port in the System Services Tool.

TCP port 80 is commonly used by the "World Wide Web HTTP" service or program. HTTP is used to serve and request WWW pages. The Source computer has scanned your computer for a Web Server. Personal Web Servers, while common, are not always secure. Some Personal Web Servers can be used to gain access to files on your computer. Many Trojan/Worm attacks spread via this port (such as the infamous Code Red). The firewall is protecting you from this threat. However, if you are running a web server or are publishing web camera photos to the web and that application is not working you will need to open this port.

A computer at IP Address 67.98.69.136 has attempted an unsolicited connection to TCP port 4111 on your computer.

A computer at IP Address 67.98.69.136 has attempted an unsolicited connection to TCP port 4111 on your computer.

A computer at trapper2.networld.com has attempted an unsolicited connection to UDP port 1434 on your computer.
UDP port 1434 is commonly used by the "Microsoft-SQL-Monitor" service or program.

A computer at cs15.msg.dcn.yahoo.com has attempted an unsolicited connection to TCP port 3008 on your computer.
TCP port 3008 is commonly used by the "Midnight Technologies" service or program.

A computer at cs20.msg.dcn.yahoo.com has attempted an unsolicited connection to TCP port 3493 on your computer.

A computer at cs20.msg.dcn.yahoo.com has attempted an unsolicited connection to TCP port 3493 on your computer.

And about 20 other things...

And that was all in about 2 hours! X_X

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 04:03
Can't you reduce the ammount of warnings it gives. You really don't need to know if someone pings you.

can i scream
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 06:28
What the heck is going on. Skier demon had a post just like this and it was locked. the interesting thing is Ice Dragonz posted int that thread:

Quote: "Ok... dude. In your other topic u made about being hacked (keep it at one topic, gets anoying... no offence) u said now ur getting pinged and hacked A LOT (like every minute). Heres 2 easy steps on how to NEVER get hacked by him again:

1.Turn off your computer

2.Call ur service provider and tell them to change your IP/ register a new one

3. do system resotre

that HAS to work. If it doesn't... someones lookin though your window LOL.

Plz stop posting about it. We can't really do anything, sorry. We don't own RR (or what ever u use). I dont mean this in a mean way, but its true. We can't do anything. Hope i helped and good luck stopping him.

Also, it seems like from what you said b4, u get pinged by hackers like every 2 secons. Submit them to the poliece. LOL Easy as that

Also, CattleRustler... u dont gota flame him,lol Hes just a newb asking a question. I know its anoying (he keeps asking), but werent we all newbs one time or another?

BTW, My account is new, im not new to these forums. Something happened to my account and it got messed up. -ice dragonz"

and in that thread it looked pretty obvious that
skier demon = ice dragonz

So why the heck anpther thread on the same topic that has already been locked? And why are you guys still answering him? I must be missing an inside joke somewhere.

frigg'n Nim Rod

`zen

Ice Dragonz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 06:34 Edited at: 20th Jul 2004 06:36
huh? His was about his account being hacked and his computer being hacked. Mine is about zombies (trojans)

Whos SkierDemon???

Yah, i used to have another account. But what makes u think it was SkierDemon's (who ever that is)?

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 06:47 Edited at: 20th Jul 2004 06:58
Quote: "
have the McAfee personal firewall + and everyday i get about 20 to 30 alerts of people either trying to launch "New Tear" attacks (whats that?) on me or try to ping me about 10 times or try to connect me to a site/port.
"

Here you say people. not zombie!
more astonihing is the fact that skier demon was also reporting "New Tear" attacks. But I guess it's just happening to you now because you stood up for him.

Also, i had a whole log file or IPs of hackers trying to hack... Log file suddenly got deleted (its blank now)... I think it was hacked My firewall did nothing.
"

next line you talk about "hackers". not zombies? Do you share a computer with skier demon? erhaps you both tried that "Attack my computer update" form windowsupdate.

Anyone know any tools out there that specialize in catching trojans (also said something about Sub7 trying to connect)? Thanks!
"

finally you mention a trojan!

I am wondering that you may not have realized that just switching your username and avatar to Ice Dragonz that the switch would take place in previous posts you have made. Not exactly positive myself if your are skier demon or not, but I just find the two post uncanny. especially given some of your posts in Skier demon's "locked" thread, and now you post here like "hey, first time posting, ummm I might be being attacked blah, blah, blah"

I don't know but I'll let others make the call on this one.

but here is another quote from skier's thread by you
Yah...
Oyah, and Skier Demon i think left. Hes never posted in a while X_X
"

and here was Ianm's response and lock thread post
Oyah

@Ice Dragonz/Skier Demon/Whatever you want to be known as today,

To clean up:
- Get yourself a decent firewall.
- Get yourself a decent anti-virus checker.
- Reformat your machine.
- Install the firewall/AV *before* you go back on-line.
- Install *all* of the windows updates.

Stay clean:
- Don't install stuff that you haven't virus checked.
- Don't click on any links where you don't know where they lead.
- Don't accept activex controls when browsing unless you are very sure about them.
- Ask your ISP about changing the IP address assigned to you.
"

The prosecution rests your honor.

~zen

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 06:58
And this one is now going the same way...

Are you sensitive enough?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:26:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:26:58