Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Spiderman-2 the game is actually fun

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 00:24
Spidey is back, the movie is pretty awesome, and the game is even cooler. People, if you got a gamecube, this is a must have! The last game sucked, but now you can go anywhere, its a bit like vicecity, but 5 times more fun. Anyone can blow the head off some girl, but who can freefall off the empire state building? Who else than Spiderman. Spiderman, Spiderman, can do anything that a spidey can, spin a web, crawl about, something, something spiderman...

When I die...I want to be buried upside down...So thy critics can kiss my a$$...Oh yeah, Im not dying...
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 00:31
except in the gamecube version there is a loading time in-between the ground and the upper city(translation you have to sit on your bum and wait for it to load before you can go webslinging after catching some guy on the ground...)

but on the X-Box version...there is no loading! you don't have to sit on your bum to go into the skyscrapers and "sling" around...

and some people argue the gamecube is better

anyway (besides starting console wars) this game is cool! but the first one sucked...

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 00:45
Been watching my bro play the PS2 version, seems like a lotta fun - esp once you meet that foxy cat-lady thing .

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:09
On mine you dont have to wait? Dude dont get me started about the consoles, gamecube is better, look how sleek and sexy that gamecube is, not, look how freakin huge this xbox is, playstation is my 2nd favie, but I do like the xbox live thing

I still prefer gamecube. Back to spiderman, I think they could have done better graphics though, other than that, fun fun fun. I also am playing starwars rogue squadron 3, now that has the best graphics I have ever seen on any console, including the computer.

When I die...I want to be buried upside down...So thy critics can kiss my a$$...Oh yeah, Im not dying...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:15
Hehe, look how easy it is to steal a Gamecube, now watch the thief try and get the X-Box out the window...

You can get a second hand cube for about £60 with 10 games, cheap as chips so your as well buying both .

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:18
I saw "the making of SpiderMan 2 - the game" and it looked very sick and interesting with the huge free-roam city and all

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - 65 FREE Functions * Click Logo
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:23
lol , good point Van-B, dude 60 pounds is like how much in $, sorry I dont have a pounds key, I watched that show too, and a gamecube, in the states, just a gamecube costs 150$

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 01:41
I played the x-box version. It's pretty fun..although I would say the city is too repetetive...

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 02:05
what? Dude that is the closest game map I have ever seen. Jeezer, at night the city looks amazing, the lights on the buildings the glare of the sun on the windows. I thought the game could use some polishing, but overall I thought it was a great game.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 02:35
When you get really high above the city you see it's just cubes plopped down on a matrix or something. Well what do you expect, it's Manhatten.

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 03:26
yeah, thats true, but when you get closer it looks pretty good.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 05:55 Edited at: 20th Jul 2004 05:56
I heard these guys got contracted by Activision to make it and they set up and practically lived in this giant warehouse full of better-than-Alienware computers, squishy sofas, and tons upon tons of food for two years.

Bliss......................

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 11:20
2 years? How did they not slaughter each other out of insanity? O_o

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 13:45
I dont know man, but I dont think thats what happened. I saw a show on techtv about the creation of spiderman-2, and they said they did it in like five months, but that could be a lie, half the stuff on techtv is bush anyway.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 14:56
Quote: "except in the gamecube version there is a loading time in-between the ground and the upper city(translation you have to sit on your bum and wait for it to load before you can go webslinging after catching some guy on the ground...)"

Had the game for a week, can't say i've noticed any loading time at all. Maybe my brother's GameCube is special in some way, but I very much doubt it.

Personally I found the game, well boring as hell.
The story line is just bleck!
Yeah i break like 2months of not playing games for that... i dunno why my brother likes it so damn much.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 23:01
maybe you all got a different version...

but there was a loading time for me EVERY time i went up high...

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 23:15
Faulty gcn? I know I had to go out and buy one of the new cheap platinum ones because the disk reader broke after a year and a half on my first one that we got not too far after it was released.

Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2004 23:17
dude, I think your talking about some other platform or something. Mine doesnt load at all, except for the very beginning, it says "loading.." in yellow letters, once, for like five seconds, kind of like vice city did.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
First it's G4TechTV, which other than Anime Network (which at the moment only people in Ohio have other then V-O-D) it the best channel , don't dare insult it in front of me. But it's true it only took about half a year to make Spiderman2. Personally the free roaming is fun, but the NPC graphics suck, they don't even having moving lips, and the buildings and graphics really suck other than spider man and other mutants.

Got anime?I do.

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 00:24
I agree, dude, spidey is like the only thing that is decent, but the game itself is fun

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 00:27
dude, I like GfTechTV (xplay is good) but some of their opinions are retarded. Dude if you were seriously offended by that then you are the biggest nerd I have ever herd of.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 03:10
on the xbox the graphics don't suck....as bad(well they do...but not as bad as the GC version...)

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 05:02
yeah, the graphics look like something darkbasic could churn out, which is not good campared to all the other new games have all the new shaders and crap. But it is true the game is fun.

Riddick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 03:31
I think the game is fun
I havn't noticed any loading in the city on my GC so I havn't a clue y anyone else does
Oh and the adverts only seem to b for the PS2 Version which is y the graphics in them suck (The PS2 being the least powerful machine out of GC PS2 and X-BOX)
If you like jumping off buildings and stuff get this game

Sonic
Spirit Knights
Tend to the Body, Tend to the Mind, Tend to the Spirit
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 04:04
yeah, this game rocks, I think its more fun than vicecity was, but, well, lets just say it spidey's new game could use alot of improvments

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 07:04
Quote: "If you like jumping off buildings"
I LOVE doing that, it's the landing that hurts.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 07:11
G4Tech is easily the coolest channel. I like The Screen Savers and XPlay.

--#coding, like coding, but with a #--
Rush owns--> www.Rush.com ---> I'm going to see them Aug. 7
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 08:08
In a sense I'm almost glad the graphics are subpar on Spiderman. Since it's an IP from a movie all the casual gamers are going to buy and more people will get the idea that graphics make the game idea out of their head. I mean they're nice to have, but if I had a choice of playing either Ikaruga or Galaga for the rest of my life I would pick Galaga.

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 12:20
yeah, thats the truth, but I do like stunning gfx, but its the gameplay that matters most

TurtleSoup man
Years of Service
User Offline
GameCube rules,i think its got much better graphics than ps2 and xbox, so there! ..humph..

If time travel was possible, It would have already happened
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2004 07:43
I can prove it look:

GameCube>

MPU (Microprocessor Unit): 485 MHz custom IBM PowerPC "Gekko"
Graphics Processor: 162 MHz custom ATI/Nintendo "Flipper"
Texture-Read Bandwidth: 10.4 GB per second (peak)
Main Memory Bandwidth: 2.6 GB per second (peak)
Pixel Depth: 24-bit color, 24-bit Z buffer
Sound Processor: 81 MHz custom Macronix 16-bit DSP
Sound Performance: 64 simultaneous channels, ADPCM encoding
Polygon Performance: 6 to 12 million polygons per second (peak)
System Memory: 40 MB
Main Memory: 24 MB MoSys 1T-SRAM
Disc Drive: 128 ms CAV (Constant Angular Velocity) system
Data Transfer Speed: 16 Mbps to 25 Mbps
Media: 3-inch, 1.5 GB capacity disc
Controller Ports: Four
Memory Card Slots: Two
Audio-Video Output: Analog and digital
Dimensions: 4.3 by 5.9 by 6.3 inches (height by width by depth)

Ps2>

CPU: 128-bit CPU
System Clock Frequency: 294.912 MHz
Cache Memory: Instruction: 16KB, Data: 8KB + 16 K(ScrP)
Main Memory: Direct Rambus (Direct RDRAM)
Memory Size: 32MB
Memory Bus Bandwidth: 3.2GB per second

Co-processor:
FPU (Floating Point Unit)
Floating Point Multiply Accumulator x 1
Floating Point Divider x 1

Vector Units:
VU0 and VU1
Floating Point Multiply Accumulator x 9
Floating Point Divider x 3

Floating Point Performance: 6.2 GFLOPS
3D CG Geometric Transformation: 66 million Polygons per Second
Compressed Image Decoder: MPEG2

GRAPHICS

Graphics Synthesizer™

Clock Frequency: 147.456MHz
Embedded DRAM: 4MB
DRAM Bus Bandwidth: 48GB per second
DRAM Bus Width: 2,560 bits
Pixel Configuration: RGB:Alpha:Z Buffer (24:8:32)
Polygon Drawing Rate: 75 million Polygons per second
Screen Resolution: Variable from 256 x 224 to 1280 x 1024

SOUND: “SPU2 + CPU”

Number of Voices: ADPCM: 48 ch on SPU2 plus definable, software programmable voices

Sound Memory: 2MB
Output Frequency: Variable up to 48 KHz (DAT quality)

IOP: I/O Processor

CPU Core: PlayStation (current) CPU (R3000)

Clock Frequency: 33.8688MHz or 36.864MHz (selectable; PlayStation/PlayStation 2 mode)

IOP Memory: 2MB

Sub Bus: 32-bit

Interface Types: IEEE1394 i.LINK, Universal Serial Bus (USB) x2, Cont... (read full answer)

see, in some aspects the ps2's got it (pretty much just in dvd's and pixel depth, other than that camecubes got it in, well, everything else)

Xbox>

CPU 733 MHz Intel Custom Pentium III
Front Side Bus 133 MHz - 1.0 GB/sec
RAM Micron 64 MB DDR SDRAM
Memory Bandwidth 6.4 GB/sec bus
Storage Medium 8 GB Hard Disk
(Western Digital, 5400 RPM)
I/O (Input / Output) w-5x DVD-ROM
Type 9 DVD - 8.5 GB single sided
4x Proprietary USB Game Ports (12 Mbps)
Broadband Ethernet Connection (100 Mbps)
Proprietary Audio/Video Connector
Graphics Processor Unit 250 MHz Custom-Designed NV2X
Max Polygon Performance 125 M/sec
Simultaneous Textures 4.8 G/Sec
Pixel Fill Rate 12w
Compressed Textures Yes (6:1)
Maximum resolution 1920 x 1080 (HDTV Required)
MPEG 2 Support Yes (Standard DVD)
HDTV Game Support Yes (HDTV Cable Required)
DVD Movie Playback Yes (DVD Remote Control Required)
Media Comm. Processor 200 MHz Processor Custom
Designed By NVIDIA
Controls Hard Disk & DVD
Controls High-Speed Ethernet
Controls Proprietary USB Game Ports
Controls Advanced Audio which uses:
licensed technology from UK's Sensaura 3D.
Peripheral Bus (MCP BUS) 400 MB/s (Full Duplex)
Broadband Enabled Yes (10/100 Mbps / TCP/IP / WinSock)
Audio Channels 256
3D Audio Support Yes (64 3D channels)
Operating System - Windows 2000 Core OS
(Custom designed by MS)
- DirectX 8.0a (Drivers)
- Part 1 of the OS is on the hard disk < 1 MB
- Part 2 of the OS can be DVD disc < 500 K
- (Part 1 includes the core OS, DirectX, DVD playback, some drivers and 3D user interface)
- (Part 2 includes things like libraries, other drivers and other features needed by the developer)
- OS takes less then 3 MB in RAM
- The OS has a 3D user interface when no games are inserted to play music CDs, run DVD movies etc.
- The games run in ring 0, known as kernel mode which is the fastest mode possible.
V-CHIP Parental control on DVD's with ESRB ratings
Size Width: ~31cm
Depth: ~27cm
Height: ~10cm
Total Internal Components 800

The xbox and gamecube are closer, but I got the xbox specs from an xbox site, so they probably exaggerated them a bit.

Im watching you...
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2004 16:59
Wow, I didn't read all of the xbox ones but the major ones are accurate.
That thing's just a stinking power house! Too bad most of the games aren't as classic or innovative as in the other system's libraries.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2004 18:23
The game on the PC is pretty poor - you can only web sling to certain places and the graphics aren't exactly detailed...

I came, I saw and I forgot all about it... or something...
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2004 09:23
dude, microsoft is awesome, (have you heard of a little thing called WINDOWS?) anyway, I know man, the xbox, has got a bigger cpu, but the cube makes up for its sound, graphics proccecor, and well, dude, the sound on that little cube is AWSOME!

Im watching you...
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2004 09:25
Well...I hate Windows and dislike Microsoft but I prefer to use their products (except IE), it's an odd, but common, relationship.

Sony stole our name!
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2004 10:48
Has anyone heard cross-console? I heard it some where, I read an article about it, and well, it sounds cool, take a good knowledge of electronics though. Basicly, it described, as you take the schematics of what ever consoles you want to cross. And create what you want, like take the more powerful xbox cpu, and put it in the cube, and put the drives and maybe the memory bandwith to the cube, (do you have any idea how freakin awsome that would be?) Well basicly, the site gave you the instructions on how to do it, (minus the schematics and stuff), so you could have a gamecube that could play dvds and every thing, but I think you would need some kind of emulater to put the onboard software, on the machine.

Im watching you...
Lascerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2004 17:22
I guess nobody played all the versions then...Spiderman 2 on the pc is ...well shocking..the ps2 verion has better everything even graphics....they screwed up on the pc version....andall the versions have differences why the change....? The ps 2 version is classed amongst the best of all time yet the pc version isn't even in the top 1000 i must say after plying Wolverines revenge and call of duty and the ps2 spidey 2...I was really looking forward to the pc spidey...big let down...I mean even webslinging is bad...infact (this is a fact) the test demo for spiderman 2 is better than the full game...you cant really go where you want on the pc version nor can you websling the way you want.....fighting is so flat it cannot be measured....and the acting is sooo bad ou wonder how they made the voices and th cut -scenes are hard to watch...oh well i have it no refunds...I guess i cant pass judgement until ...I make my own spidey game...for pc..one to make spidey proud...damn why couldnt my hero be wolverine...lol..much easier..

Stiyyiille
Celeron 2.0 Ghz, p4 titan mboard, Aopen Geforce fx 5200 128mb, 768mb ram
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2004 19:14
Quote: "they screwed up on the pc version...."

Yes, it is poor...

I came, I saw and I forgot all about it... or something...
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 08:24
lets see, so on gamecube its fun, on xbox its fun, not sure about ps2, on the comp it sucks balls, any questions?

Im watching you...
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Screw the console wars.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 08:35
what dude, we're talking about spidey 2, we just got side tracked.

Im watching you...
Riddick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 20:38
The PC always seems to get rubbish versions of games that are also on Consoles, take Spidy 2 or 007 Nightfire for example

Sonic
Spirit Knights
Tend to the Body, Tend to the Mind, Tend to the Spirit
las6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 20:46
hey, while you keep bashing the PC version, keep in mind that it's a friggin different game altogether! The PC (CP?) version was made for kids 8-12 for some odd reason. They thought that it was a good market... yeah, right. How many kids there are with a console instead of their own pc?

Xbox & PS2 are the same game, just that either one of them is conversion.

I blame activision for this - the PC game is even sold with the same covers as the PS2 and XBOX games - and it's not even close the same. They don't even have the same storyline!

| Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue. |
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 03:18
Naw, Xplay is a good show, but I liked it better when it was, Extended Play. Dream on...

Im with stupid...
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 16:00
My little bro just went out and got the game for our xbox (we have a gamecube, but since it's out on both we just chose the powerhouse). I noticed how really lame the graphics were, the animations of peter parker twitched, and the game would sometimes skip parts of dialog or all of the sudden still think it's a cutscene when it's supposed to switch to gameplay (ie: shows cutscene of character walking, it flashes for a second...character keeps walking, bumping into things, by then I figure out I just need to press skip), but it was incredibly fun.

I rented the first one and beat it within the rental period, very disapointing, this one though is a masterpiece among games made from movies.

Sony stole our name!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:19:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:19:45