Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Cell phones

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 19:47
Oki ... well after talkin' to T-Mobile, i've found they're now an extremely unhelpful company as they arn't sure whats going on - but they'll transfer my number if i want :: rolls eyes ::

Well sod my tariff right now, i'm just gonna look into new cell's cause quite frankly i'm sick of having a Motorola V68 - now too old for my likes and really i want something unique that they don't have stateside

Been trying to find out about Ericssons
T29
T39
R380
series as they're just amazing lil phones to me
Buht unfortunatly ... they've discontinued the lines.
So getting my grubby lil fingers on one might prove hard, especially as i'd like one brand new and not all skuffed up by some snotty nosed teen

I want to get back to a nice Ericsson, preferably one which doesn't looks like a Nokia ripp-off - as I miss my old T10 (just a pitty it was Dual Band)

Right now i've got a few in mind, mainly going on looks cause not much else really matters to me - shallow ya, but at the end of the day they all have mostly the same features now, same battery times blah blah ... as i'm only likely to make call or text i don't care about anything fancy

So what i'm looking at is the T200 ->
T800 -> or the T100 ->

(^_^) i'm not actually sure which i like best kinda like the way the T800 is a flip ... but i like the fact that the T100 is just as thin as anything ... but then again i like the T200 cause it is just very nice on the eyes

wonder which you guys like better
anyone posts "get a nokia" and i'll hunt you down and do something mean
wish they hadn't taken away the antenna, gave the old T series alot of style
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi! http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/darkbasic/rvtoken2.jpg[/img]
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 20:00
get a nokia!

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Home
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 20:21
If your going for a pay-as-you-go they're not going to be cheap, and possibly not availiable.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
Oh my, yes...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 22:26
no just buying a handset so i can use it with my phone card where-ever

kale... look under ya car in the morning

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
A_M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 23:08
I've got a Sony Ericsson T300 and it's great (if your looking for a "fun" phone this will be a good choice, color, downloadable games, polyphonic ring-tones in MIDI-format which is cool if you have an IR port on a computer).
The T200 might be a good choice too, it's a quite simular phone but doesn't have all the cool features of the T300 (most apparent is the lack of color screen).
P800 (you called it T800, I dunno if it's called that were you live or if it was just a typo) is really really awesome, but expensive...
I have to admit I know very little about the T100...

/ Andreas Mattsson
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 00:50
no ... this is the T800 not P800, they are different phoness.

T800 and T100 are released next month, there is a third which there is no picture of yet - so i'm waiting to see what it looks like

reason i have the T200 instead of the T300 there is because they do look different, and its the most like the T2x & R5x series ... still very much like a certain Nokia unfortunatly buht i dunno - really still hoping i can find the either the T39 or R380

bisse_m
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 14:25
The P800 was released this monday here in Sweden, and I saw it in a store today. Awesome phone!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 17:21
Well u seem to hate Nokias but you say the T200 is pleasing on the eye? Looks VERY similar to a 3410 to me...

*runs screaming*

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 21:39
checkout the site KG ... its the LEAST nokia like phone there
very depressing - - i dunno probably end up with either a T800 or a Motorola V
not sure yet thou - kinda praying i can find a store which sells what i want.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 01:04
Actually just did and you're right! Clone clone clone

I like a lot of the Motorola designs, they arent afraid to do something original

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 01:11
ya know its actually annoying... Because the ones at the top are the final "Ericsson" series, prior to Sony's merger.
Suddenly we go all these Nokia lookalikes, whilst Sony's own phones stayed relatively the same - go figure.
I'm begining to actually hate that Conglomorate giant, slowly trying to destroy all the things that are nice and unique in the world

i think there was a mini text only cell a few months back, looks like one of those kids personal organisers or Digimon things. Pretty cool

Tell ya what i've seen a phone ericsson have in the pipeline from prior to the take over, which i've heard won't be scrapped. Built into a watch kinda like those new Jap phones, but looks a little like someone too the T39 and fused it with the Nike Sports watch.
Certainly looks outstanding

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 18:11
That sounds really cool Do u know if any1 is gonna release it? Web info?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 00:02
Not sure much about it... i saw it at an expo a few months back and its on the ericsson site somewhere - but they change the layout alot so i'm constantly lost

i'll try to find it again cause it looked amazing.
I still wanna actually get a T-Pad sometime, cause like a year ago ericsson released a small like 10" TfT Screen webphone ... specifically for surfing the internet. About the same time as Tomb Raider was released - so maybe Year and a Half ago. Looked amazing and saw it in like one shop, it was sweet - you could press a button on the side to bring up the overlay keyboard - could touch the screen on the letter and it'd type.
Remember looking at the price tag of £670, thinkin' OUCH!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 01:11
The 02 XDA is a damned good PDA/Phone combo, gorgeous looking too. Comes with Windows CE, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Media Player etc. You can play MP3s, and Videos, download proper webpages not sh*tty Wap, and organise and send texts through Outlook Pity u can only use it on O2, and it costs around £300 on contract.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 01:43
well funnily enough thats about the budget i've given myself for getting a new handset - but on O2 only wouldn't be worth it. Another week and a half here and i'll be gone again, paying for something i can't really use

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 03:25
I think it might roam to the States (Triple band? Not sure) I should blummin hope so for that price! lol

There u r, its even got the lil arial there like you wanted

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 06:51
OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhhh ... damn theres no drool face - OH I KNOW

hehee

Now if only it could get a nice Ericsson style to it, i think i'd be in love

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 13:46
lol yeah I like it funnily enough I was playng Microsoft Golf and listenning 2 D12 MP3s (weird combo I know ) on a m8s one whilst in hospital waiting for my daughter to be born, so maybe I'm partial - happy memories

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:20:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:20:10