Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need some help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all! Its me again Ok so im a real noob! My last post was concerning loading sprites to the screen and with some help I finally managed to get them to come up. Im using DBpro and a book I purchased "Beginner's Guide to DarkBasic Programming" To start learning programming.

So heres the problem, I'm on chapter 12 learning how to programm keyboard, mouse, and joystick. The book has given me a sample program and its an inportant one because I will be adding onto this program in the next few chapters as I learn more cool stuff. But it doesnt work properly I'm not at a level to troubleshoot this yet. If someone could take a peek I'd appriciate it. I feel it has something to do with the target sprites loading onto the screen properly. The code is straight from the book minus the BMP's "not sure how I would load them up here" and I've done my best to ensure there are no typo's on my part "theres always that chance with me"

Hope you all can help its frustating to be having trouble with textbook examples, but I'm not giving up! and I do appriciate the help

Thanks Kalk
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 00:14
well, if you used your own images, make sure the images are the same size as the original, or change the get image paremeters

When I die...I want to be buried upside down...So thy critics can kiss my a$$...Oh yeah, Im not dying...
Kalktar
Years of Service
User Offline
Images are from the book as well. "Book came with a CD "
Target.bmp is 64x64
Crosshair.bmp is 32x32

Program does partially run; the crosshair comes up but the targets do not generate or get placed on the screen correctly.

Kalk
dj BlackDragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 11:44
first of all are you using the mous handeler program and if so then are you having a prob with the sprites?But does it come up with an error or just placing probs?

current project:Quest for the Five Staffs of Draconia
Kalktar
Years of Service
User Offline
The Book calls it "Shooting Gallery Program". It's written to demonstrate the mouse handler concept. I do not get any error messages and the game compiles and launchs. In the program see the crosshair and it seems to function correctly but the targets do not come up on the screen.

Kalk
Jerbo
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but all of the programs in that book, except for the 3d chapters, are written for dbc not dbp. Try copying the program directly from the CD and see if it works. That would rule out a typo on your part anyway...
Jeremy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 17:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 17:24:53