Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need a list of easy to make games for db classic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 09:48
I already did pong, and im looking for other things to try before making serious games. All i need are a few simple to make games that i could learn from.

I use darkbasic classic and i practically have no experience.
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Check in the code snippet forum....There are some good forumers and they have tutorials. Or try experimeting, making tests of what happen if you type this,etc....

And you made the first step(or game), u can make something else try BreakOut.

CURRENT PROJECT: RETRO PAC-MAN
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 10:34
I did Breakout, a Space Invaders type game, and after those I choose to do a game of my own creation. Check out my website to see all of the games I made.

Click the Web Button below or paste this into your address bar
www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games.

Cairne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 11:52
Well, I went to the code snippets forum and nothing there, i mean NOTHING there worked. It wasnt a media problem, and most of the programs I checked were for dbc. Btw, I am using dark basic classic.

I use darkbasic classic and i practically have no experience.
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 12:08
Check out the codebase, I have 5 2d games I have made in there using DBC. Also like I said check out my Website

SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2004 13:44
Yeah, I have 2 complete games up in the codebase for DB Classic, and am working on other code as well... So just poke around in the list and take a look-see.
S.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.
Floyd
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want to do a 3d game, work your way through the FPS tutorial. I went through the tutorial once, then stripped out all the game specific code like the monster and decorations. It goes from being 10 pages of code to 1 or 2. It's pretty easy to understand what's going on at this point and I'm adding back in my own code and and experimenting with things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 17:35:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 17:35:21