Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Typical newbie question probably

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2004 06:04
Hi again - this will probably sound stoopid, but I've been using DBpro for a week or so now, and I still haven't figured out why when I save my projects and then re-open them, the code is missing. Is this normal - that you have to save the code seperately from the project?

Thanks,

Richard
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2004 07:18
I'd use save all - always

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - 65 FREE Functions * Click Logo
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2004 07:38
I'm even more retentive then our COW friend CR. I'm so paranoid I:

save project as
save source as
and then do a
save all

I you ever lost 4 hours of your best coding, you will understand. Compilers have been known to cause OCD!!!

Just to make sure though:
Witht the latest patch if you double click the project (the .dbpro file) to pen it, you will not see the .dba code file. There is a way to reassociate it, but I forget the procedure. This started happening to me after 5.4. So your code may be there, you would just have to open source and click the .dba file.

My suggestion is to open the IDE first. And then open the project. In doing this your source will show up.

Yes they (project, source) are saved seperately. A project can consist of mulitple sources .dba's have notes, media, run settings etc... The files can be saved seperately. The best advice I can give you is use save project as... then save source as... the firs time. After you are porbably safe to do as CR suggested and use Save ALL.

~zen

Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2004 07:44 Edited at: 15th Sep 2007 16:02
Wow - I didn't realise saving your work could get so complicated! But I get it now - thanks for you help guys.

Unofficial Susie Dent Website: http://susiedent.awardspace.com

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2004 07:54
moo

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - 65 FREE Functions * Click Logo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 17:33:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 17:33:15