Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Nuclear Glory Collision help!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have bought the nuclear glory collision system and it works great abart from one rather irritating flaw.Whenever i play the game or demo i created and included the collision files the collision works well on flat surfaces but when the object collides with a wall or going up or down a slope the object i controll jitters about moving rapidly from side to side making the object look awful.In the demos the system works very smoothly and in my games it doesnt.Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem and make the collisions run smoothly.THANX!
bibz1st
Years of Service
User Offline
Command: SetConcaveModePRO( mode )

Description:

This command sets how the system should handle multiple collisions. You may have geometry that is rather extreme and notice that your character seems to be jittering around in a 3 or 4-way collision. This is due to the fact that the collision system tries to get a finished answer for your position in only 3 or 4 calculations. This way, it won't loop for a long time and slow down your application when you get into a corner.

If you're having problems with jitters in your geometry, try setting this mode to a higher setting.

You may call this command anytime after the system is started, even while your program is running.

Valid mode settings are 1 through 7

The default mode is 3

From the manual.
matthew mcghie
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice, but ive already tried altering this and it makes no difference,the collision gets slightly less jittery but the object still jitters about,could you suggest anything else?Thanx.
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the collision files the collision works well on flat surfaces but when the object collides with a wall or going up or down a slope the object i controll jitters about moving rapidly from side to side making the object look awful"

It sounds like it's a logical problem in your code. What happens is your program source "hard locks" or "stiff arms" the object and resists the updating from the collision system. So, essentially your source code is fighting the collision system and creating violent jerking.

This occurs most when you store the object positions in variables and do not update the variables AFTER collision.

A proper setup would be like:

That's assuming you're doing some sort of manual changes to the position variables.

Source code would help as well.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com
Lightwave Scene Exporter to .X also at: http://www.nuclearglory.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 17:34:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 17:34:29