Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Impossible Creatures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 10:50
Anyone heard anythng about this new game that I think Microsoft is making, called 'Impossible Creatures'?

I keep hearing about this game that is billed as a cross between Zoo Tycoon and Jurassic park, where you can make your own creatures, like a Zebra\Tiger combo, 'Tiger Horse' or whatever you want, and then you can make them fight in RTS mode. I wanna get this one, sounds like hours of fun...
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 12:38
Yeah I don't usually like Microsoft products (Although the 'Age of' series is cool and I do own an Xbox, mainly for Halo / DOA / Buffy / JSRF) - but that game does sound pretty fun Just hope its less buggy than most of their software :p

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
heh sounds like your a Microsoft Franchise Kang. Hmm sounds like a very interesting game. Lol I finished Age of Mythology only multiplyer left to do.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 16:13
Dungeon Siege is good also.

Gotta check that creature thingy.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
I hated Dungeon Siege if they had spread the skills wider, I think it would have been amasing. The skill system was genius, just a bit lasy on the number of skills IMOA. Shame because I really was very excited by this. Then again I got excited by NeverWinter too. That level builder was hell

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 16:21
lol I agree they kinda overhyped it but it's nothing compared to Metal gear Solid.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 20:25
i'd forgotten about this title for a while ... puffy reminded me about it last nite cause aparently the demo is on fileplanet now.

Actual game actually has nothing more to do with Microsoft than they came in late in development and bought the rights to publish it. It's a got a Moylonex sticker of Dev on it
Thought it was becomming an XBox only game myself, but maybe it was ported ho hum ...
If your gonna talk about Overhyped games thou - Daikatana
no need to say anymore really.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Golgo13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 09:19
Daikatana-Indeed, say no more, Raven V.
I know about it from personal experience.

Hey Kangaroo, since you mentioned AOE, the new game Age Of Mythology was created by the lead designers of the Age Of Empires series, and the AOE influence is VERY apparent in the Age Of Mythology, it's a beautiful game.

I'm not big on RTS, but my faves of the genre are Empire Earth, AOE 1 and 2, and Hostile Waters, Antaeus Rising, based on a sci-fi novel about an adaptive nano-cruiser re-awakened to deal with the threat of a terrorist group that wants to lay claim the what is left of the world after a huge explosion of anti-matter weapons that destroyed over half the world. Great game.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 21:25
Thank you, yes I have Age of Mythology, it is indeed beautifully crafted just like the last two Again I'm not the biggest RTS fan myself, but have you played Warcraft III? Its pretty cool too, and improves tenfold on WCII

Yeuch Daikatana was quite, quite poor

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 22:19
I agree I heard more about Daikatana before it went out then after... forgot about that one doh! :-(I)

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 01:30
Ahh John Romero's amazing titles that got him fired from his own company...
Kinda like that ginger twat who used to work for Virgin and has a 20year old wife

ho hum eh

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 03:18
I USED TO DATE BILLIE PIPER!!!!!!!!

Ummm well sort of... She lived in Swindon and I had friends there and went to her Junior school Discos and danced with her when she was like Nine. Not much younger than When Chris Evans tried it on with her lol

Golgo13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 03:23
Yeah Kang,
I played Warcraft 3, and I have some of the books they put out with the artwork and all-this was a really great undertaking and a beautiful cap to a fine series-I beat the first 2 and have yet to give her the go with the WC3, because of me and my personal addiction to First Person Shooters. I'll get to it one day though.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 03:41
Cool Yeah I liked the Warcraft games a load. Mercifully so does my wife, and we actually play LAN games sometimes! Now THAT's romance lol

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 07:13
lmfao @ KG
Ahh the simple claims to fame eh - hehee
Can't say i know anyone famous ... well not famous outside of nerd circles anyway (kinda depressing because thats gonna be my non too distant future, oh joy!)

Never really thought she was really all that cute myself - i mean she was oki ... but i have alot of friends which are better.
yup, i just have to look around when i'm out with everyone and i can safely think "God my life is FANFUCKINTASTIC"

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 13:42
hehe Oh well I'm afraid the list of C,D and E list celebrities I have met is stupidly long - most not necessarily through choice lol. (I once read a list and I am classified as E list! roflmao) If you've heard of Faye Tozer or Donna Air I prolly know them the best. A lot of people think they're really hot, but as you say, there are many non-famous girls just as sweet

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 18:12
teehee (^_^)
well i've seen alot of these peeps out of thier hollywood make ups (never met just seen) ...
and some of them if you met in a club you'd be like
"GOD DAMN, who hit you with the ugly stick and didn't stop "

Not to say i'm a looker myself, but i don't go around tarting myself up just for 15mins of fame - hehee
However there was that time in bornemouth ... :: ahem ::

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 18:47
ooooh don't even GO there lol

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 22:35