Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Bryce Anyone?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2004 09:22
I know bryce aint exactly a high end modeling software or anything like that but i have been looking at it for some time and the software you use is only as good as you make it, so i decided to buy it. I found out it is no longer owned by Corel, but by a company called Daz3D, well until the 28th of this month it is going for about $50 or something which works out at about £30 gbp. I have bought it and just did a test render, quick five minute job. It is pretty rubbish render but i intend to practice with bryce for a while and come up with something worthy of these forums!
So if you are looking for some software that does what terragen can do (and more) that is just as affordable go for bryce!!!!
(www.daz3d.com)

(text created in Cinema 4D XL 6)

Its not a bug, Its a feature

If we were meant to stay in this reality games would not exist!
Giles Papworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2004 09:26
ah forgot to upload the pic to me site, my bad

Done now!

Its not a bug, Its a feature

If we were meant to stay in this reality games would not exist!
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
cool...i had a go on bryce once- forgotten everything i know about it though. what it like for exporting as gaming worlds? bsp? heightmap? anything DBP can use?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2004 21:54
Exported .X files from Byrce work fine in DBPro (without any fiddlin'). The only problem with Bryce is that it wont export any trees, skys etc - it will only export land.

I came, I saw and I forgot all about it... or something...
GothOtaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 23:38
I remeber using it twice to make cool rendered pictures. Then I found POV-Ray and forgot about Bryce. Never knew you could export models from it though, maybe I should dig it up off my HD then.
Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Exported .X files from Byrce work fine in DBPro (without any fiddlin'). The only problem with Bryce is that it wont export any trees, skys etc - it will only export land.
"

As far as i know Vue 5 uses the same tree generator as Bryce 5 and as far as i know you can export it with Vue 5

GameVisions Softwares - http://www.gamevisions.ne1.net
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 08:08
Unfortunately you cant with Bryce...

I came, I saw and I forgot all about it... or something...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:38:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:38:00