Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / SHOGO Mobile Armor Division

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 11:13
Yet another great anime based game from Monolith,
the ones who gave us the excellent Noone Lives Forever series as well as the upcoming Project IGI 2, of which the first game is one of my faves.

SHOGO M.A.D. does need a translation at the beginning however, as they had a Japanese song in it, trying to make it as anime' as possible. I seem to remember this game making a bit of a controversy among hardcore anime blokes a few years back who said it was a 'poser' game. Sad that people have to think this way and impose on others....it's a game, enjoy it, don't destroy it.

I enjoyed it big time, and it runs beautiful on a GeForce 2 AGP card. As does another great Monolith game-Blood 2:The Chosen
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 12:54
Hey,
All the games you mentioned were great fun.
You got a GF2 as well? I thought I was the only one left behind in Nvidia's manic rush to take out Ati and be the best card makers.
Coolest thing about Blood2 were the wise-cracks from the character you played. Added some really nice touches. Ah well, shame it wasn't very popular.
Sina.
PS: Look out for a pc title called Tsunami 2265. I know it was announced a while ago but it looks really cool, and if you like anime then I doubt you'll be disappointed.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 14:14
lol...I remember when I heard the song...I went like doh! esc,esc.The game's awesome though :"MOTHER KLAW!!"
I loved that cat doll!

I listen to much Japanese music nothing recent though.Classics!

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Golgo13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 09:26
I'm well aware of the title Tsunami 2265-we have it at our local Babbage's and the Electronics Boutique stores both located in our local mall. Like Oni and City Hunter with their great graphics too.
But in regards to gettting SHOGO to run on GE-Force 2, you have to meddle with the settings a bit. I can look at my settings again for anyone who is interested and who have the game SHOGO.

Golgo13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 09:30
Blood 2 was a continuation of the DOS game 'Blood' and I love Caleb's wise cracks-like one time I seta druid on fire with the flare gun, and Caleb says "ummm, tastes like chicken".
And after I killed the 3 headed dog Cerberus, Caleb says 'GOOD doggie, now lie down and stay dead'.......

I've only been here for a day and it's
so cool to see everyone knows what I'm talking about.
Gamers of the world unite!

And unlike many forums I have been to, you can more or less speak your mind and talk about all kinds of different things, which truly makes this a General forum as well as very unconventional, and this is good too. Good job folks!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 10:22
yeah i liked the Blood games... also like the Monkey Island games for like the comments that are made throughout. (^_^) alot of funny stuff put in the background especially if you've played all 4

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:18
If you like Monkey Island you should try Grim Fandango (if you haven't already). Old game but funny as hell. In the mission where you have to steal pigeon eggs to make an army of pigeon carriers, go and talk to the clown with the balloons near the festival, cracks me up every time.
Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:52:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:52:43