Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What happens when you die

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 03:49
Quote: "You become the host to a million different bacteria species"

You are allready a host of several bacteria species.

But in fact it doesn't matter what happens if you die ... you don't even exist : I'm the only entity on here, everybody else is my imagination. you will simply stop existing when I die.

- Mind the gap -
Night Giant
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "After a drinking binge I found an orange syringe on my door-hinge but I didn't whinge or even cringe. I just told my mate - Ginge whose hair was singed."

those don't really rhyme with orange to well, orange is or-anj, and the others are inj. anyways, its from a really weird book, lol.

oh, wow. insignificantpunks.cjb.net.
no: website for progs yet.
Northern Lights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 12:48
I think that when you die you will go to heaven and be by god to live in eternal happiness. But that's just my opinion(and a WHOLE lot of other christians).

Watson you idiot!
Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 13:21 Edited at: 29th Jul 2004 13:22
You know, death might actually be exceedingly painfull.

Scientists know that for several weeks after you have died that the synapses in your brain continue to fire. They believe this is probably random, but what if it isn't? What if you maintain conciousness for a little while, during which your body is rotting away. All those exposed nerves and tissues breaking down would hurt like anything if you were coherent enough to perceive it.

And of course, with no other outside stimulus who knows how fast your brain my process things, which would make the time seem like it was forever. Your brain kicks into overdrive when you are about to die (hence the whole life flashing before you eyes thing) so even if you maintain consiousness for just a few moments after your body dies (which you almost certainly do) it could seem like an eternity. Kinda freaky...

Just to be on the safe side, I think I'm getting creamated.

<edit> Superman, yeah I'm one of them but this is supposed to be a "what if" thread. So I'm talking about in case we are wrong.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 16:16
Quote: "orange is or-anj"

It depends where you were brought up. Orange is or-inj to me and always will be.
Quote: "its from a really weird book"

What is?

And back on topic ... A good coder never dies. He just returns to the beginning of the main loop.

demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 22:32
you spend the rest of eternity in the painful torment of your last dying second - being played over and over again - you spend forever in excruiating agony...

thats just what happens to your mind though

your body is dug up by necrophiles for their own purposes

Am I the only one here who's really confused?
Northern Lights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 05:36
Well, if we're have a "what if" topic, then it's obvious that you have an eternal dream were a giant monkey is clapping symbols onto your head over and over. "[ ]"

Watson you idiot!
GICO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 06:22
"Death is just another path... One that we all must take!" or something like that!! I think i have seen it in a movie or so.... Naaah! forget it!
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:40
I think......it kind of flows with the whole conservation of energy thing...except our energy gets transferred to the internet! Y'know that giant worm that was floating around not too long ago? That was hitler. Linux is Mother Theresa. Ogg is John Lenin. Windows is being haunted by that one guy that Bill Gates killed to get source for DOS .............

I like the monkey idea though.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 09:18
Suicide is the way...

"Could you do something where you don't need a video card cause i don't have one" - Program Expert

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:34:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:34:03