Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay as being new to DBPRO I've learnt alot (alot more still to go) but I have a basic question I'm sure has a simple answer.

Is there a limit to the number of images you can load or basically memory is the limit? Just thinking that since bitmaps are limited from 0-31.

I know some of the differences of images etc with the end attrib for texturing etc or not and 0 mip maps etc. What are the diffenences between using images and bitmaps (Obviously 0 for screen I know that reason for that). If there is an answer some where else please just point me in the right direction. If not I'd love to hear just for the sake of knowing thanks in advance.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 22:15
I guess that you are using DBC?

If so, then the maximum image number that you can use is 65535.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
mezron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Okay as being new to DBPRO "

Nope BDP but thanks for the answer.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 02:47
In that case, there is no limit to the number of bitmaps or images that you can have.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
mezron
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks ian that awesome you've been a great help

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 11:04
Really? No limit in DBPro?! The Beginner's Guide to DB Programming did not even mention that! I have been thinking i am limited to 32 bitmaps!!

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
mezron
Years of Service
User Offline
heheh Thats why I'm asking questions. That book is made for DB and just mentions pro. From what I read Pro was in its infancy (compared to now ) So I've seen alot of inconsistancies. Though still not a bad book for learning the basics

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:41:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:41:29