Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Stupid cameras and 3D querie....HELP!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 04:08
hi yet again.

sorry for picking ya brains yet again but they're more reliable than the DBpro help system. and at least make sence

i just got round to positioning my player ship in 3D space.

what i got to work is rotating it so we look at it from the top down and not from the side. took some guess work but i got there.

scaled it to the size i wanted. easy done as i think we'd all agree.

but here comes the stupid bit. positioning it. i read that u need to use the command "autocam off" so it don't vanish when u move it about the screen. could be wrong but it sounded ok to me.

well i positioned it to the lower part of the screen using - yet again - guess work (it never let me down yet). but the damn things disapeared. i even tried to move the camera to show it but no luck at all.

i've put the code in to show u want i'm trying to do but since i'm learning i could be totaly wrong.

the IF statment is just for testing only to go back to the title screen so ignor it

i'm also marked were i think its gone wrong.

if i have messed up somewhere can some1 please explane how to correct and what i did wrong.

thanx in advance
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 05:35
AUTOCAM OFF stops the camera pointing at a new object when you load it. So by switching it off, your camera is staying at 0,0,0. Your object is 512 units to the right of you and 700 units above you.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
DLS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 05:42
it still didn't show it when i had autocam on.

and 0,0,0 is at the top left so its 512 units right and 700 below not above to be correct.

it still doesn't explain what i done wrong though. i don't care how much i'll have to read, i just like to know my mistakes and then i can correct then

but other than that i get what autocam off does now.
DLS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 05:46
its ok now. i sused it out. i forgot it uses real numbers and not pixle locations. bad habbits from dos games programming die hard

me stoopid

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:27:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:27:32