Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / coding issue, help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 10:56
Hi all!

I tried my first coding ability and its one heck of a hell! took me about whole day to get an .x file somewhere bottom of the screen and make it move when mouse moves!

I just couldn't even move the object so can anyone please show me a sample so I could learn from it!

Thank you!

think once play twice sleep third
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 11:00
Can you be a bit more specific in what you need it to do. I can't really be sure exactly what you want in the code. You want a static .x image to move around the mouse when clicked, or just follow te mouse? Static .x image or a moving model?

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
General X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 11:24
thats right!

a static object/model to fallow the mouse

e.g. a gun displayed somewhere at the bottom of the screen then fallow the mouse

did that help

think once play twice sleep third
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 01:51
I think you're just missing on the terminology. It sounds like you want a FPS display with a gun HUD and mouselook capability. There are lots of examples of that in the codebase and in the forums if you search for them. In fact, the tutorial that comes with DBP is an FPS display with a gun. Have you even looked at that?
--
TAZ

The "it" is a kind of force that gives rise to technology, something undefined, but inhuman, mechanical, lifeless, a blind monster, a death force.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:40:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:40:06