Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Game speed & sync rate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 15:32
Hello!.

I was wondering how to make my game to run at the same speed / sync rate in any system!.

I saw in another topic an example like this:
fps#=30.0/screen fps()
and he said that we need to multiply for some variables, but i don't understand it very well. Could someone help me with this?

Thanks

bemanifever.com
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 16:43
The easiest way is very easy indeed:

will ensure your game runs at roughly 40 frames / sec. Obviously, if someone with a slow PC runs it, they won't get the 40 FPS. But then, that's why games have minimum specs

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
SmoothDancer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2004 17:35 Edited at: 27th Jul 2004 17:35
bolt (creator of firewall) wrote this in another topic

Quote: "HOWEVER, you must incorporate a timer function into your game. There must be a variable that is inversaly proportional to the frame rate. For example:

fps#=30.0/screen fps()

Then, every time that you move something, or make a value bigger, you multiply the amount that you are incrementing this by fps#. You must then make sure that all of your variables are floating point numbers instead of integers. This will allow the highest possible frame rate, and still make everything go the same speed on all systems. Here is a link to my website with my game. I use this system for my 6500 line RTS game, it is not that hard to implement."

I want to do something similar using a sync rate of 0, could someone explain this to me!

bemanifever.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:38:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:38:03