Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Blurred texture edge on plain object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
After applying a texture (256x256) to a simple plain object (256x256), it looks blurred just at the edge and corners when up close to the object.

I want a 'hard-edge' effect as I have a series of these plain objects next to one another and it looks like there's a grid between the objects with this blurred-edge effect.

This is possibly an effect of the graphics card (Geforce3), because I can find no reason why DB should do this? All anti-aliasing effects are forced off.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:43
Have you messed around with any mipmapping settings? Normally mipmapping tends to make textures blurry when you look at them close up. Though I really wouldn't be the person to ask. It would also be a good idea to see your video cards settings in Display Properties, also are you using Detonator drivers from the Nvidia site? They make some new tabs in display properties which are worth checking.
Hope that helped,
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:17:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:17:04