Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 09:32
My question is this...

I have my player model on the screen and he can work within the world, and even look down and the camera rotates so u can just see the top of his head, as in most games. However when i come to look up the model carries on rotating but it obviously is rotating the wrong way so the model can be seen when ur looking at the sky. i need to reverse the rotate process when i use mouselook to view upwards. I have tried and tried to write some code for this but to no avail - it just keeps rotating the wrong way.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 13:48
Stevie,

You may want to post the code you do have, so others can see what you're doing.

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 19:40
Please find below the attached code for my problemt
I have detailed it well so u can see at each stage what i think should be happenin - and all seems well - except for the bit where i move the mouse up to look up, the character doesnt move as it should and i am not sure how to rectify this
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 11:03
You lock the player to the camera, probably not what you want to do, since if you look up the player will always be in the camera's view.

A better way would be to use the arrow keys to move the player object around and then position the camera behind him, this way the camera's free to look at what it wants without the player moving with it.

I've modified your code to show you what I mean, you might have to fiddle some of the values since I had to improvise with other models.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:33:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:33:33