Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d breakout

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 14:05
I was working for a few hours yesterday on 3d breakout and I have most of the game working, but for some reason i cant figure out how to make the ball bounce off the paddle or make the ball bounce off and destroy the bricks, can anyone help?

Here's my code

I use darkbasic classic and i practically have no experience.
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 21:42 Edited at: 29th Jul 2004 22:10
I just made a breakout game over the last couple of days

The code I used was

There might be a better way of doing it (and i probably shouldn't just give you all the code) but see if you can figure out how it works (I'm terrible at explaining things so I'm not even going to try), dissect it, adapt it, personalise it and improve it. If you use it, I would appreciate a link to my site or a mention in a readme or something, but its not necessary.

EDIT: Just added comments

Am I the only one here who's really confused?
Cairne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 11:34 Edited at: 30th Jul 2004 11:35
I made a few improvements to your game, added levelups that speed the ball up, slowed the paddle down (it was hard to control) and removed the media (if you intend to use a program as an example then you should remove the media first anyway)

Edit: forgot to include the code!

I use darkbasic classic and i practically have no experience.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:36:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:36:40