Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Fast-food horror stories

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As some of you may or may not know, I work at Wendy's currently. Heh. Well I have some information which I'd like to share, since I've searched all over the internet for Wendy's horror stories and haven't found any.

First, be careful about eating chili there. Here's how we make our meat for our chili there. When meat on the grill gets too burnt to serve as a hamburger, we use it as chili meat. At the end of the day we freeze it and the next morning it gets placed on the stove for a few hours in water to...uh..."unfreeze." Then, we take the giant pan of it and chop it up, and put it in our chili. Well on MULTIPLE occasions people have spilled this meat on the floor, swept it up, and STILL used it. When I've seen it I protested but they still insist on doing it (manager-approved!)

Yeah, occasionally people will make salads/sandwhich condiments without wearing gloves. Gross? Yes. Heh.

Anyone else have any "horror-stories" to share?

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 03:20
Glad I've never eaten at Wendy's

I heard there was a chicken head found in McDonald's french fries, but that could be just an urban legend.

gl and hf
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 03:20
This story may be a bit gross, so don't read it if you can't handle some grossage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gross Message Ahead! Be Warned!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time, i went to McDonalds, and they gave me a burger... Horror story enough?
I never did like McDonalds.

Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 03:24
Heheh, the only time I went to McDonald's, I got their equivalent of the "whopper". Instead of a real hamburger, they gave me a piece of bread and patty. Didn't even have condiments.... And I have never eaten there again

gl and hf
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 03:41
Did you know they feed the chickens and cows meat, then use them for burgers? True story.

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 03:42
There was the one about the mayo. Basically a woman bought a taco bell chicken wrap effort but specifically asked for no mayo. As she was driving along she noticed that they had included mayo, but it didn't taste like regular mayo, so she she ate it all anyhows. Later on in her journey she had such bad pains in her stomach that she had to stop at the nearest hospital where she had really bad food poisoning or somesuch. Anyhows, it turns out that the chicken meat had a... damn, whats the word... basically like a big boil full of puss and stuff. But it was under the breadcrumbs/ batter/ whatever. Anyhows it had been overlooked when cooking it, and the "mayo" was actually all the puss and stuff inside it. Tops.

Again, thats just another urban legend. Still, put me off chicken from fast food shops for a while. Yuck.

Oh, and there is a Michael Moore type book around called something like fast food nation. I started reading a few chapters, but I had got past the McNugget bit (which I don't like anyhows) and had read on the back something like "You will never eat at a fast food joint again!", so I decided to stop, not buy it, and get out. After picking up a book called "Willing slaves" about how we work our ar*es off for no good reason. And I also wanted a burger from BK or Macey D's without feeling ill.

Cheers (erm... for the chicken story...)

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 06:49
Niiiiice stories (particulary the one about the boil).

I used to work at Wendy's myself, so I can backup HZence's claims 100%! I used to be the burger grill boy, so I know that the burnt stuff was used for the chili. Oh yeah, and they save all their fat for the makeup and soap industry. There's always large vats full of fat after each night of work, weird huh?

I quit that job soon after they forced me to work from 9pm-5am!

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 06:53
My friend always refuses to go into Macey D's after she worked there several years ago. Won't say why, and still goes to BK. Says she hasn't seen what goes on behind the scenes at BK, so can blissfully ignore the obvious fact that they will be exactly the same. ie. Doesn't know for 100% it's the same. Hmmm.

Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 06:56
Oh yeah, and it's funny how your memory plays tricks. I basically loved Wimpy's more than anything when I was a kid (they were huge 20 years ago or so). Saw one in a small town a year ago (Henley if you are interested) and couldn't believe it. Haven't seen one in years. Was a bit sad that it looked like a rubbishy cafe, and it tasted like those sad efforts you find in the freezer section of the local supermarket. Yuck.

Cheers

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:05
I found a pubic hair in a box of Chicken (pronounced: Mystery Meat) Nuggets I bought at mcdonalds. Enough said.

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:10
I dont eat fast food all the time but I like McDonalds, Buger King or Wendy's once in a while...

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:25
An old school cafeteria story, at least when I was in elementary school.
About once a week we'd get this burritos shipped from Taco Bell. And everybody knows that Taco Bell is infested with cockroaches right? So, this little girl from another school in the district eats one of these, but some cockroach spawned right in the burrito ingredients and it got shipped to the schools, so a couple days later she has a stomach ache. Soon it starts to burn, so she's taken to the hospital and they find little white nasty baby cockroaches swimming around eating the inside of her stomach/intestine. They have to pump her stomach and open her up and patch everything up and nab the roaches the pump missed.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:39
Some of these stories scare me. I hate fast-food companies that don't keep their kitchen clean. And when somebody asks why, its like "Uh, we don't have time, it's summer and it's very busy".
Especially BCDP's story, if it's true that is

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:40
Bear - That story sounds made up. It's an alteration of an old wive's tale, man. Sure you didn't dream it?

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:42
I remember I dreamed that story, except there was a dancing cat invlolved....

Well I have another horror story for you...

One time... I went to McDonalds... and ordered a burger... and they gave it to me, and it smelled like greasy cow meat! Man that's sick.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:42
I know, I mentioned in the first sentence it was an old school cafeteria story, 99% of them are bogus.

Sony stole our name!
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 07:43
Yeah, sounds like the cockroach eggs lodging into this blokes gums, then he got baby cockroaches hatching a short while later, right in his gums. Yuck.

Cheers

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 08:05 Edited at: 30th Jul 2004 08:06
I got some stories of my old school's cafeteria food... All this is true, because I was there...

-The milk came in "plastic bags" not cartons
-The chicken was rubbery and bounced pretty high
-Food was cold and gross
-Beef was old
-Cheese was runny and foul tasting
-Hot dogs were..... nevermind

ect. ect.

not really horror, but they had bad food... Mabey thats all cafeteria's standards or something.

it's been a long time since I've been to that school, so I can't remember all the icky things..

Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "An old school cafeteria story, at least when I was in elementary school.
About once a week we'd get this burritos shipped from Taco Bell. And everybody knows that Taco Bell is infested with cockroaches right? So, this little girl from another school in the district eats one of these, but some cockroach spawned right in the burrito ingredients and it got shipped to the schools, so a couple days later she has a stomach ache. Soon it starts to burn, so she's taken to the hospital and they find little white nasty baby cockroaches swimming around eating the inside of her stomach/intestine. They have to pump her stomach and open her up and patch everything up and nab the roaches the pump missed."

Yea that sounds bogus. That would have made national news if its true.

But still, im gonna keep eating on fast foods, eating wendy's Chilies, and McD's burgers.

This sig has been dullified!
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 08:47
you* Americans are such sissy's! think of all the people in the world who would consider meat scraped of the floor very clean!....

americans are so pampered

*note i'm an american...

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 09:04
One time we went to mcdonalds and before we ordered and we were in line, my brother just barfed. yep. right in line. he barfed.

"Could you do something where you don't need a video card cause i don't have one" - Program Expert
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 09:09 Edited at: 30th Jul 2004 09:15
Quote: "An old school cafeteria story, at least when I was in elementary school.
About once a week we'd get this burritos shipped from Taco Bell. And everybody knows that Taco Bell is infested with cockroaches right? So, this little girl from another school in the district eats one of these, but some cockroach spawned right in the burrito ingredients and it got shipped to the schools, so a couple days later she has a stomach ache. Soon it starts to burn, so she's taken to the hospital and they find little white nasty baby cockroaches swimming around eating the inside of her stomach/intestine. They have to pump her stomach and open her up and patch everything up and nab the roaches the pump missed."

That's a fake, I know it for a fact. There was a similar story floating around my town about a local place. Was a total lie.

Here's some proof:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa112598.htm

EDIT: Another, about that puss-mayo story:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blmcpus.htm

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 09:10
One time I was at a pool and I barfed on my friend's arm...
I guess I swallowed a bit too much chlorine.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 09:23
the baby cockaroches would die from the stomach acid..sorry it's the fact

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 11:05
In case you didn't believe the chicken head story

http://html.channelcincinnati.com/sh/news/stories/nat-news-20001129-231903.html

gl and hf
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 15:36 Edited at: 30th Jul 2004 15:38
I still don't believe it, because I just read another story tonight with a different picture (head even looked different!) that said the fried chicken head was found at McDonald's.

Urband legends...

EDIT: Nevermind, that one was at a McDonald's. Thing is, since when does McDonald's serve wings?

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 17:10
Not quite food, but definitely chicken, was that story about a man found dead underneath the ruins of a wall that had fallen down. Basically it turned out that the wall was a bit unsafe, got knocked by a lorry or something and fell down. Onto this bloke. Heh, they also realised that he had been, at the time, preoccupied with being "friendly" with a chicken. Which was still attached.... hmmmm....

Still, the chicken was probably still better for you than most of the junk you get in fast food joints. Once you wiped off the brick and, erm, other stuff off it first. Even then....

Cheers

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 18:34
Okay, something factual.

One of my old elementary school's favorite dishes to prepare was sloppy joe with chicken. Ground chicken soaked in bbq sauce on a bun. Well....chicken is stringy when it gets ground into sloppy joe, so one day besides the usual hair you get one girl in 6th grade found this big long artery. She tasted something funny, and looked at it. She pulled it out and when she squeezed the top a bit of blackish reddish stuff came out. Probably just ancient barbecue sauce, but she still freaked out and went and got another meal.

Sony stole our name!
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 21:12
Heh, strange stories there...

True story, not so horrorish though;
I used to work at KFC, and We served up some chips, deep-fried as usual, soaking in fat, and smothered in "chicken" "salt".
A young girl ( bout 17 or 18 ) brought back her serving of chips with a small complaint, which, thankfully, she kept quiet at the time.
It turned out that a cockroach ( our store was infested ) had quite stupidly gotten into the deep-frier with some chips, and then had been served to the girl along with her meal.

Mmmmm, Deep fried Cockroach... yummy...

lol
Jess.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Logical Engineer/All-Round Nice Guy
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 22:23
Its strange how this post both disdugsts me and compells me at the same time. My brother Has been pretty unlucky with McDonalds, one time he found a (big) peice of greese proof paper in his burger, my dad went to get a replacement and there was an engagement ring in that one!

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 22:39
It may be a urban legend, but i've heard McDonalds use the fat from the burgers/chickens to thicken their milkshakes? Good thing i don't like milkshakes much...

DBP Fanboy is a Unregistered trademark of ReD_eYe uninteractive, no rights reserved.
http://redeye.dbspot.com/fanboy.html
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
went to a chippy once, ordered chips n kebab, i opened it, i emptied the kebab onto the dinner plate, and just as i was wondering where the chips were a potato rolled out of the polythene box.

Android
Years of Service
User Offline
These days have you noticed that McDonalds (in the UK anyway) are boasting that there chicken nuggets are now made with "real chicken", if they are made with "real chicken" now, what were they made with before?

FreeWebs.com - bane of the internet
Jacob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2004 05:29 Edited at: 31st Jul 2004 05:37
Ok 1st alot of this stuff you hear is just legends, like the chicken head..i dont belive that..and you say "oh but that was on the news, ITS REAL!" yeah...*points at the Enquirer weekly with title Eskimo Clan Found on mars.* or, my favorite recent one... "Gay Aliens found in UFO Crash near Roswell." then it showed 2 skelotons with a big cone head and alien(sterotype) lookin face hugging each other. It was freaky. So dont believe everything.
Iv heard...of some1 who licked a stamp and then had roach eggs in their tounge and they hatched...
but I know this is true: At my school cafeteria last year (8th grade) in one of the "hamburgers" (soyburgers...nasty) there was a cockroach in it Shows how well the sanitary conditions were...Normal day of sittin there eating and see a roach on the wall or a dead one in the kitchen part of the cafeteria floor.

-Jacob
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2004 05:33
Quote: "what were they made with before?"

Mystery Meat, random parts of random animals, from the eyeball of a cow to the intestines of a goat...still tasted pretty good though

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2004 08:04
I saw a picture of a rat in a burger on the newspaper once. Though, I find it hard to think it was an accident. Badly processed Mystery Meat?

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
TKF15H your sig makes me miss the old DB classic IDE

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2004 10:28
Part of the McNugget chapter from that book I mentioned, basically said how the CEO (or somesuch) of Macey D's said he wanted a finger sized chicken snack pronto. Think they took 6 months to work out how to keep the re-constituted (sure they used that word) chicken stuck together with various chemicals etc. But to get them to taste good they cooked them in beef fat from the hamburgers. Because of this they were way more fattening than the hamburgers. Or so says the book if I remember rightly. Think there was complaints and they used vegetable fat instead, but still coated it with beef extract. Tops.

Saying that, there was that whole 100% beef only having to be 40% pure beef effort a while back. Confusing....

Cheers

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2004 23:27
Quote: "TKF15H your sig makes me miss the old DB classic IDE"

I miss it too. Sadly, it won't even open up on my computer. Just crashes like DBP games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:41:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:41:36