Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / More probs with 3-D Monster Hunt tut...='(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2004 14:42
Hello and sorry for posting again. Maybe I am not cut out for this, but dammit, I'm gonna try! Anyway, I'm now on the Loading object part of the Monster Hunt tutorial (I'm using DBpro, which may be some of the problems, but I did not really find any DBpro tuts for 3D that start from scratch. when I choose Tuts from DBpro, it only takes me to a few topics to download). Ok, here is my code:
When I tried that, it said error at:
. Said there should be a parameter. So, I figured that since it was 10 (for object 10) before, I would put object 2 there. When I did (and added "2" in all the places an object number should be), it was the same program I made in the fog an backdrop tutorial, except a tiny, flickering polygon right in the middle of the screen, where one would imagine a cross-hair to be.

Ok, sorry, but I am lost... Any help would be very appreciated, and also, if someone can point me in the direction of a good DBpro 3-D tutorial, that would be very handy. Just finished The Beginner's Guide to DB Programming, so I have the logic and algebra commands down pretty pat, but it really did not go much into 3-D, unfortunetly. Thanks again!

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
bibz1st
Years of Service
User Offline
try this...
If Leftkey()=1 then Yrotate Camera,Wrapvalue(CameraAngleY#-5)
If Rightkey()=1 then Yrotate Camera,Wrapvalue(CameraAngleY#+5)
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 01:45
After trying that, I got "#100011: Could not understand Command at line 54". Line 54 is:"If Leftkey()=1 then Yrotate Camera,Wrapvalue(CameraAngleY#-5)". Hmmmm, I don't get it!

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 02:11
OK. I now would be content just seeing the .x image, so I tried to re-write it so I could see it in it's idle pose, and move around it with my little sphere on the matrix. Here is the code:
When I try that, in the place where the mutant should be, there is just a tiny, tiny little spot on the matrix with a couple of flashing polygons. I tried it with and without the Get Ground Height command. Not sure what is going on here. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:30:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:30:38