Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / List of Viri ~ what do they do?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 00:12
I've been getting slightly paranoid lately, waht with all these new worms comming out, and with an abudence of Illegal Operations on my machine, and adding in the fact that my computer is 5 years old and has been internet able all that time I was pretty sure I'd have a virus.

I went to download.com and gota free trial (seeing as I'm getting a new computer soon theres no point in going out and getting Norton just yet) it came up with these:

dark.exe
Ivcoms.exe
d2gall~1.exe
nathunker.exe
automove.exe
qebthq.exe

Now I'm not so bothered that I had all these, I'm just wondering what do they all do?? They could have been on my machine for yonks and I've never noticed anything too bad go wrong, I did try a search on the Norton site but it came up with nothing.

Anyone here seen these?

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 00:19
tried google.com?

http://www.jellystudios.tk
Current Project: Cube3 Arena (TGC Compo Entry)
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 00:21
Symantec has a complete online dictionary of Viri

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 00:29
Thanks but I tried symantec but its no use it uses the names of the Viri I just have the .exe names, google returned automove.exe: adware and dark.exe: DOS.

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:30:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:30:19