Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Where is the loaded object?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 10:14
Sorry to ask this in a new forum, but I asked it at the tail end of my other thread, which is basicaly now dead. I have tried to simply load an object from DarkMATTER (in idle) in to the Monster Hunt tut after attempts to code it the way it was presented on the site. After several attempts, I decided that I would be happy to just make my little sphere guy on a matrix with some fog and a backdrop, and then load the idle image of him in just so I could see him. I figured that this would be a good step after making the matrix with a third person perspective and fog.

All I get is a tiny little flashy polygon or two laying on the ground where the loaded object should be. Hmmm, what am I doing wrong? Code:
I tried it with Get Ground Height and without, so I guess that is not the problem. I am using DBpro for a DBC tut, which may be the problem, but I am not quite sure. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 11:48
The model is there it is just really small use this right after loading the model.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 15:11
It's best to scale the model inside your 3D modeling package as a general rule. At least try to get the object as large as possible in your modeling app and then scale it in DBP if necessary.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 15:37
Thanks! That worked like a charm!

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2004 15:50
Yes I don't know why dark matter models are so small.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:38:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:38:26