Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Emulators?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hopefully this isnt a taboo subject
i am just wondering if there is a way to "hack" game roms, more specificaly; SNES roms for like the graphics and midis and stuff (i assume the SNES used MIDI)I know i cant use the resources on a commercial game but it'd be cool to have the graphics to mess with and the music to remix. i'm sure im not the first person to think of this, even though i did notice there were no other posts (in this forum neway) on emulators...
/Steve
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2004 15:35
I'm can't see how this has anything to do with DBC or DBPro. Also, I'd much, much rather have an original song for my game then have one already made for a video game. I am sick and tired of hearing MIDIs from Sonic and Mario games, or any video game, that is.

HP Pavilion | Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForceFX 5600 AGP, with 256 MB Ram
nine09
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm let me clear it up:
Quote: "i am just wondering if there is a way to "hack" game roms, more specificaly; SNES roms for like the graphics and midis and stuff"
i want the graphics cuz i am not much of an artist.
second:
Quote: "the music to remix"
a remix is when you take an exsisting song and change it to make it new again, it's a techno thing and i remix often because i write music and it would be easiest if i could just "rip" the midis.
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Snes uses SPCs. If you want to rip them, just save the SPC (yes, from the emulator), and get an SPC player, or an SPC-MIDI converter to use the files.

"I....I like rice?"
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 05:09
You can also do screen captures and edit those to get the images that you want. While I'm not a master artist or modeller, I find that the time invested in learning the tools does make me a better game developer.
--
TAZ

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1
Hell Dragonz43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 06:02 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2004 06:03
Just so you know, you may wana put a copyright thing in your game saying you didn't make these graphics. You can get sewed by the company for stealing graphics if you don't.
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 06:10
I got some news.. even if you included that notice and didn't get their permission, you can still get sued. You must have permission, period.
S.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.
Hell Dragonz43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 06:15
Really? Oyah, lol... THats true. Not so good in law and yet i want to be a cop , LOL.
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 12:58
LOL! I hear you. I took a few AJ courses myself back when... But as one who is also published the whole rights issue is rather close to me.
S.

Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 02:43
you can probably use the graphics and sounds just not for commercial purposes such as buying (i think )

Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 02:46 Edited at: 6th Aug 2004 02:47
No, you need to get permission(A written one) even if its for non-commercial use.

This sig has been dullified!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 06:20
Copyrighted material is still copyrighted even if you don't sell it.

You have a choice: Get permission or risk getting sued.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 13:56
Yep, that's the golden rule. Even in non-commercial uses you are still "publishing and distributing" their materai, so you better get permission first.

S.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 19:24:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 19:24:39