Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Heightmaps again

Author
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Aug 2004 21:44
I have posted this quetion here too as no one seems to vist the texture maker forumn that often!!!!

I understand the u use the mixer to determine at which heights the inserted textures go,but i am a litte confused as to the actual HEIGHT MAP.

Is there a special process involved in designing this, or is it simply as i perceive just a case of opening a blacnk texture up - and doodling on it with variations of white to black to draw in the height depths.

Or.... once u have drawn ur map in freehand - is there another process u have to do for the computer to determine the heightmap from what u have drawn.

Also what is this other file about - the detail file..
I thought the texture file was what used for the detail.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 08:33
There's no special process to designing a heightmap. Simply draw it as you imagine it.
The detail.tga can be in another image format if you wish. Same goes for all the images. Make them all jpg's if you want to.

"eureka" - Archimedes

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 19:34:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 19:34:02