Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / loading a village into DBpro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2004 23:46
I have finally finished modelling my village for my game. Now I want to load the village and put it on the matrix that I'm using in my game. What i want to do is load the walls of the village and place them around the matrix. So do I just load it like any other object and position it around the matrix or is there a better way of doing it.THanks
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 00:01
That's how most of us do it - best to make a little editor that lets you design your village - and use seperate building objects. Like 1 mesh might be a well, another might be a cottage etc etc, then you load and position these around your village.

Structure placement is something always lacking in matrix editors, I think Magic World or something named like that has what you need.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 00:56
TAhnks Van B but now I've run into another problem. I've save my wall as a scene in Gmax. I was wondering how you save it as an object and what the best type of file it is to save it under.
GICO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 05:12
Just so u know it: Using Gmax objects is illegal!! No offence!! Just an advice
Hell Dragonz43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 06:05
Yes, using GMax for your games is illegal and can get you in a lot of trouble. THeres some good low price modelers out there.
Death Stryke
Years of Service
User Offline
why is it illegal? is Milkshape illegal because that is what im going to use? how can a modeller be illegal to use? sorry im confused

---Deathstryke666---
Hell Dragonz43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 09:24
No, milkshape isn't illegal. GMax is illegal to use for your own games because it was made to be used non publicly or for games that are "GMax Compatable". I could be wrong, what this is what ive heard.
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 13:08
Hmmm... Now this is a fine line to walk. Assuming that the content was 'all original' and yet the license on the modeller was a closed one as stated, you could be faced with a potential suit even after your work was complete. However, since the material was indeed your artwork I believe the case would come down to s plit decision, in that you may be able to keep the images yet would be forced to purchase an agreed-to license from the GMax creators.

Overall, if it were me, I'd look into this very close before deciding to perform any serious work with the modeller, or simply use another program to avoid the hassles.
S.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 16:08
And how could anyone prove that GMax was used to create the models?

"eureka" - Archimedes
Indian Homie G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 16:23
Thats a good question. It can't, or its probably very hard to figure out. For free modellers go for DeleD...i dunno check out the thread in the 3d section of these forums..

Or you could always look for a cheap deal on one of the old versions of 3ds max .
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 16:33
Well, as for proof of which was used, there are usually signature bits that indicate that... but I'd still go for a known free or low-cost copy of something that I could afford to avoid the trouble.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 19:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 19:33:03