Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Fade Effects?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 07:36
I'm new at DarkBASIC. I've tried the trial of DarkBASIC that I found on the DarkBASIC Archive Vol 1 CD. Now I'm trying the trial version of DarkBASIC Professional that I downloaded from the internet. I've been able to transition from DB to DBPro easily. The only problem that I had was being able to do fade in/out effects with DBPro. This piece of code was able to work in DarkBASIC but not in DBPro:

Could someone please help me by giving me some sample code that tells me how to do fade effects for DBPro?
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 04:38
Just did a few tests and I've found that "Set Gamma" only works in Fullscreen Exclusive mode. The trade is that we'll be restricted to our monitor's refresh rates.

AsriCE Crew,
- Adi

There's only one hope.
Spaceseel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 12:02
Thank you!

Now I understand what to do for fade effects. I'll try this out.
Spaceseel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 07:31
A note to other readers:

When you are using fade effects, make sure that whatever number that you INC or DEC the values for the fade effects can reach the appropiate end value(which is 255). That means that if the end point or start point is 255, then you have to use a number that is divisible by 255, so it wouldn't go pass the number that you intended to stop at. I found that out the hard way when I was doing a fade out effect, when the screen went crazy with lots of color.

Just FYI

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:18:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:18:12