Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Is this permited on forum rules?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 11:32
OK, I did not wan to post this in the Team Request forum because I felt it really did not belong there.

I am aware of this rule: "6) This forum is NOT an employment board, you are NOT allowed to solicit staff from here. Go via the usual routes or contact Dark Basic Software Limited first because there are many legal implications involved with employee hiring and you are not to partake in this on our forum without our involvement. You are welcome to list your job offer on a proper employment site and then post a message here informing people about it and the URL of the site, but that's all."

What I am wondering is, if I was to ask a lot from a good 3-D modeler, or I am not getting any response (as everybody asks for modellers), could I offer some money for a group of good models form someone. I am not going to (at least not yet), but just wondering. It is not technically employment, just a bonus for doing something. I also realize that a lot of the people on this site are not old enough to get jobs, so this might help them to get some software that they need.

Just wondering.

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "could I offer some money for a group of good models form someone"

We'll build models for pay (good prices). We'll be setting up various model-based systems on our site soon and this will give us good momentum there too.

Email me with specifics and we'll work out a good deal for you.

Email at: mdd@nuclearglory.com

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com
Lightwave Scene Exporter to .X also at: http://www.nuclearglory.com
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 13:16
I am not quite ready to do so just yet. I was just asking to make sure it is not against the forum rules. I will save this post though and let you know as soon as I am reay!

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 22:42
It's not against the forum rules to offer money in exchange for 3D models (etc) because that isn't employing someone if you see what I mean? You're more just "hiring" them on a temporary freelance basis.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:48:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:48:10