Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi i want to make some good Looking Third person and first person Shooters, But i cant afford the software , Does anyone know a free program to make good games like this.
Indian Homie G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 02:15
okay first of all try having a more descriptive title, HELP!!! doesnt say crap

about your question the only one i know of is game maker, but it only does 2d games, so sucks fer you . i mean come on, how do you expect to make 3d games for free?
Hell Dragonz43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 02:34 Edited at: 4th Aug 2004 02:37
Hmmm... They came out with the online version which is the same thing only it doesn't have the help file or something like that. You can get help in the forums, so you really need it so much. It costs i think around 30$ or 40$.

BTW, getting into the game biz is sometimes expensive. Theres the 3D modeling programs, the level making programs, the programming software, etc.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 03:09
Quote: "hi i want to make some good Looking Third person and first person Shooters, But i cant afford the software , Does anyone know a free program to make good games like this."

Nope. There are none (if you're referring to click and drag). Though, TGC is releasing the First Person Shooter Creator sometime later this year, or early next year (or...ah who am I kidding, TGC is horrible with release dates, so it'll be released when its done) and it will cost a pretty hefty sum (and maybe license fees if you wanna go commercial).

This is mainly a programming board, not a click and drag board. I assume thats what you're looking for, and if people find out your "amazing good looking FPS" was made in a click and drag program, you'll lose all your respect, and you'll never create a truely unique game.

But if you're referring to programming, and you just need some free programs to make the media, do a google search, or search around the forum. Topics where someone needs some free or cheap software is quite common around here, and you'll probably find something quite quickly.

Or...if you're referring to programming in general, go to bloodshed.net for the Dev-C++ IDE and compiler. It is C++, so it's going to be harder than Dark Basic (and will require much more work), but the results are pretty much going to be better in the long run.

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 19:34:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 19:34:37