Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Anybody here play Lineage II? Just want to know if it's worth getting on not...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 07:34 Edited at: 4th Aug 2004 07:35
Well the last MMORPG I played was Diablo 2 and I was obbsesed with it untill my cd-rom drive broke...anyway I was thinking of getting back to em and have been trying to find a few good ones. So I stumbled upon Lineage II. Sure it's websites claims it's the greatest game to ever grave mortal land, but the reviews state otherwise. I wanted to ask live peope what they thought of it and if it was worth subscribing for (because the actual download is free) but the greedy basterds locked away the forums for only registered paying members of the game to see. So I couldn't even post. Stupid people.

Anyway, anyone here play/played Lineage II? Is it too repetetive? Wha level do you reach befor you get bored and quit?

thanks

denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 07:51
I'd really like to know this aswell... FFXI is very good, but I'd like to try some others before sticking to it...

D3nkkkki!!!1
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 00:43
I have played Diablo, Diablo 2, Everquest, Final Fantasy 11, and City of Heros and I would not recommend you get lineage 2. The reason is because it seemed like all you did was lv off little stupid helpless monster and the char customation was crap. I only played Beta but I couldnt stand it.

You should just wait until September when Everquest 2 comes out or if your not into Everquest I guess go for World of warcraft. Im going to get Everquest 2 though

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 00:44
Wait for Everquest II .

(Diablo II isn't an MMO!)

Shooting for Eternium Man.
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 01:33 Edited at: 5th Aug 2004 02:12
Yea I suppose I can wait untill world of warcraft...(but I don't like Everquest) Dang, I thought Lineage was supposed to be a good game.

Represent
Years of Service
User Offline
I wanted to know that too but now that I heard it wasn't good I am so going for WoW. Its said to be a really, really, addicting MMORPG.

SPECS:
AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 512MB RAM, 128MB ATI RADEON 9600SE, 16x DVD ROM & CD-R/W 52x32x52 Combo Drive, 19" Flat Screen CRT, 3 12" Cold Cathode Blue Neons
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 05:41
That's what they said about Lineage II.
Turned out not so great. Maybe I should wait for Matrix On-line...

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
I was a beta tester for lineage II, it was an OK game but pretty much all you do is level up...

Ausukusa :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 06:54
Lineage II is AWEFUL!! Geez, I'm tellin' you! Yeah, the graphics are nice, but...well, it's so bad I gotta start a list.

Reasons Why Lineage II Sucks:

1. The servers are still unstable as hell!

2. All the monsters look the same (I spent the first fifty some hours killing the same looking wolf with about ten different names. Not even a color swap!)

3. It's big catch, the Castle Seiges, has still not been implemented (might have since I last checked)

4. The game suffers from major slow-downs. Get three+ players on screen, it drops to about 5 fps. I can't even imagine how they think they will handle the Castle Seiges, with hundreds of players on the screen at once. (and my CPU is fast. 2.44Ghz with 512MB-RAM)

5. The characters all look the same! You have very little choice in what your characters look like!(It will be about five minutes until you meet your clones)

6. In the beginning, you can only choose from TWO classes! Yes, as you progress into the middle-range levels you have more choices (just a few more), but this makes partying at the lower levels nearly useless, as a typical MMORPG party puts together many different classes to balance out each classes' strengths and weaknesses.

7. Botting (using a 3rd party program to control your character to gain levels and currency while you are not laying) is a big problem in L2, and NCsoft seems like they are not activily trying to fix it. This may not seem like a major problem until you play thr game. You get pretty sick of trying to party with "person" after "person" , who simply ignores you because there is no one actually playing them. Also, all the characters that bot are RICH, and you...are not.

8. A lot of the aforementioned bots are set in their program to Player Kill (PK). So, when you are a simple level five n00b, you will end up getting killed numerous times by botters. They do this because you have a chance of dropping an item from your inventory when you are PKed. There is a karma system that points out PKers, but what do these players care? If they die and lose EXP, their Bot Program will just start again.

Well, there are more reasons, but I will not continue to hammer in a a nail that it is completely sunk in. I bought the game a week after it came out and have maintained my account and played off and on, trying to find some good quality to it. Alas, there is none. I canceled my subscription this week (also taking into account the $15 per month fee! That is about $3 more per month than every other better MMORPG), and I will not be back!

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 09:26
Sounds like it sucks . Even if there are ups to counteract that, botting is the #1 reason not to play an MMO on my list, and unimplemented features at launch and repetition are also bad.

I'm not actually looking forward to WoW-- don't like the Warcraft art style or world-- or Everquest II-- the game system is too linear and seperated for my tastes-- all that much, but they look like they might be decent games.

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 09:29
neocron looked good, the demo was fun, couldnt afford it and didnt have broadband (neocron spawned the neo in my name btw)

.: Join the "No Tables" campaign! :.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 09:43
Not familiar with Neocron. Hmmm, maybe it is just me, but I seem to get bored of MMORPGs after the leveling starts to slow down. At about level 17 in FFXI, 42 in Ragnarok Online, ad various levels in others, I just lose interest.

Out of all the new MMOs coming out soon, EQ2 is the only one that I may have interest in. Nevermind the awesome graphics, but after reading a few articles about it, it sounds like it will be fun. One of the main draw-backs of MMOs that EQ2 is going to try to tackle is the repitition. They are going to give more rewards sooner than in previous games. Like the ability to ressurect at a MUCH lower level. They are supposedly adding in more powerful effects so that you can gain what was know in EQ as some of the strongest effects, sooner. It is going to try to break away from the leveling treadmill that has become so synonomous with the genre. If I get into any MMO again for a good while, it will be EQ2.

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 09:45
kl it wouldnt run on my PC if i could afford it

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 11:03
I just tried Anarchy Online. Anyone heard of it? It would be a good game if there were actually any PEOPLE it it.

Anyway, I'm downloading Priston Tale. I heard a few members here play it. How is it?

If all else fails, can anyone just recommend a mmorpg like Diablo2? Where you click untill your index finger gets sore...ahh good gaming times.

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 11:08
i mite get neocron 2 when it comes out

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 11:22
Anarchy Online has been around for a long time (for an MMORPG), and is hitting the decline of it's product cycle. I think the last expansion for it is coming out soon.

Ummm, as for a RPG like Diablo II, I think Never Winter Nights is like it. Never played it, but that is what I have heard. Any one else played it?

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 11:24
i got dungion siege instead

The Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 11:51
Megaton-
I highly suggest Prince of Persia, stands of time, even though it isn't an mmorpg, it's one of the funnest games i've ever played

For mmorpg, definately need to get WoW

Oh no! Chrissy had used her powers to turn herself into a hideous man-eating giant!
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 23:38
Does Dungeon Siege have a multiplayer option? :S

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 23:39 Edited at: 9th Aug 2004 00:05
yes, i havent played it tho its basically single player online

Planeshift looks quite good (+its free) anyone played it (planeshift.it)

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 06:07
I think Dungeon Siege has multiplayer, but I think with a 6 or 12 player max. The sequel is coming out next year, andit looks awesome!

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 14:20
Dungeon Siege multiplayer is pretty awesome. We just set up a lan game and spend 8 hours wandering the countryside and slicing up little kruggies.
They have a second campaign for multiplayer, and also there are people who make their own campaigns. It's a pain in the butt to make a mod for Dungeon Siege, so when somebody does one it's usually very thoroughly done. A guy who made the Circle of Lorent mod is on the level design team for Dungeon Siege II.

I played Priston Tale, it was fun to start with, and has an interesting art style. The only downside is that from the moment you step into the game you're just leveling up to get some weapons (you go outside and beat up mushrooms with your fists for crying out loud!). It got kind of old, even on just the trial.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
MrBlack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 14:45
I've just cancelled my account on Star Wars: Galaxies because I have no more time to play a MMO. I was in the beta of Lineage but while being in a so rich universe as SWG and having so many possibilities such as crafting... ...Lineage lasted approx. 8 hours on my harddrive.

One of the upcoming MMO I'm really in a hurry to try is Dark and Light. Finally some innovation in the middle of all these MMO's that just consist in beating little stupid mobs to gain xp. More info on DnL here : http://www.darkandlight.com/eng/index.php

You have failed me for the last time

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:26:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:26:46