Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object Placement In A BSP World

Author
User Deleted
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 15:44
Okay..... how??

I'm using Cartography Shop and DB Pro.

What I wanna do is have a list of locations separate from the bsp, but I have no idea how to find location in CS. That's the simple way though. If possible, could someone tell me how to configure the entity system so DB can run it?
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 05:36
How are you getting your cshop files into .bsp format?

Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 17:31
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but can't you create waypoints or sopmething in C-Shop that DB will see, but aren't drawn? You could just scan out the locations of all the objects with that tag, and bingo - there's your locations!

Disclaimer: I have only used the demo for Cshop a long time ago, and I dimly remeber this feature being listed in the feature list.

As a side note: How is C-Shop? I've been considering picking it up. Is it easy to use? well documented? What sort of enviroment is best suited to making? What are its limitations?

Are you taking notes? There's going to be a test later...
The Great Poe
User Deleted
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 05:21
I forgot about this thread.

CS is really easy to use if you have any experience with QOOLE or WorldEdit or something. It's not the most documented thing in the world, but the forums work fine. It's structured kinda like a Quake editor, so if you've ever played Quake, then you know what it's good for. Limitions.... hmm.... I've found the entity system hard to configure (I gave up on it. ), it seems to slow down after a while of editing, and sometimes the textures are mapped onto angled faces in a funky way, however textures can be locked to prevent that.

Anyways, if you do buy it, I'd be willing to help you out, so I say get it.

I HAVE DARKBASIC PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!

www.parallelpark.tk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:30:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:30:32