Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d movement question thing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 07:26
I have in my code (below) have placed a model in a world and had him facing the right and set it up to where you push up he moves up down moves down left and right and so on, even setted it up to keep him on screen, my question is is when i move him up in down he slighly turns like he is conected to a ball so if i push up and he is only moving up on the y axes to move up be he slowly rotates to where he could (eventually) be laying down is tehre a way to keep him from doing this slight rotation? to make him go straight up and down and left in right without turning?
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 12:42
I think your problem is just the perspective of the camera. For example, if you hold... a dice for example, straight out from your eyes you can only see one side of the dice. But if you moved the dice left, right, up, or down while still looking straight ahead you would see two or three sides of the dice.

If you need your object appears to stay parallel to the screen. You can use the "Point Object" Command to keep the object facing the camera. Or you can use a sprite instead of an object.

Well... I hope I helped...

The computer isn't an addiction, its more of a mental and social dependancy.
AnimEdge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 14:52
huh i never thought of that, makes sence though ill try that
AnimEdge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 14:59
doesnt seam to work very well

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 19:29:49