Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / smooth sprite rotation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 10:45
i have searched all of the forums and haven't found anything on making a sprite spin around like cube would in 3d.(probaly cuz all the posts start with "need help i am a noob.) grrrrr.
i want to make it an airplane turning.
i think it has something to do with curvevalue and/or wrapvalue.
any help would be appreciated.

Over And Out.
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 18:47
Hmm...

For a rotation animation such as that I believe you're going to find you have to supply the multiple image frames yourself, say up, upper-right, right, and so on. Then you just change the image being used by the sprite in the sprite command. As a bonus, it is possible to use only 90 degrees of rotation with the lfip and mirror options, but you still have to make those images in a source bitmap.

S.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 21:11
DBPro has sprite rotation, DBC doesn't. Which are you using?

The command that you need to look at for DBPro is ROTATE SPRITE, and possibly SET SPRITE OFFSET to set the sprite rotation point.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:33:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:33:01