Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Converting forum database?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2004 15:27
Hi,

How would I convert a yabb database to an invision database without having access to the (yabb) server?

The reason I want to do this...
I moderate a forum, and we need to switch to invision. I don't have access to the server, because the owner has died or something (we haven't heard from him in a long time...), and we need to updgrade to something besides yabb.. I said I would do it because I can easily install invision, but the problem is transfering all posts+members and that sort of thing over to the invision. There are converters, but all are only if you have access to the server info.

Yes, I have the yabb database. And yes, I do have permission to do this, so don't worry. I just need some help in how I would do this. Any help would be appreciated .

Oh no! Chrissy had used her powers to turn herself into a hideous man-eating giant!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2004 17:55
If you have the YaBB database, then you don't need access to the server - the conversion scripts (mostly) just port data from the database to the new format. Install your database locally, then try running the scripts on it?

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
The Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 07:53
The only thing I could find would be this:
http://www.invisionboard.com/?conversion (yabb to invision one)

Except, that only works if you upload the tool thing to your yabb server, and then merge it with your invision one.
Would it be possible if I just uploaded the yabb database?.. I tried but no success, I think I'm doing this wrong .

This is a pain in the ass I tell ya.

Oh no! Chrissy had used her powers to turn herself into a hideous man-eating giant!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:35:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:35:49