Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do i make a matrix smooth - rather than choppy looking

Author
User Banned
Posted: 7th Aug 2004 20:56
Hoe do i make a smooth matix. The reason for my question is (as u ay have seen my numerous posts on making water!!!! - i am obsessed with it111)

I tried to make a small matrix, and using a loop to randomise the tiles and heights of the tiles on a contnual basis - in the hope of simulating water movement when added with some other effects - however even when i only set my matrix height to 2 - i expected just a subtle change in its height - but no it increased substancially - what are the number base units - for very very small increases - so in effect i can make a smooth bt bumpy looking surface??
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 03:17
look in the codebase or code snippets. I've posted code for this a few times.

"eureka" - Archimedes
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 08:41
Also, this may be in the codebase, check the JetSki project that comes with DBC. If you have Pro (like me!), just get the trial DBC for the JetSki sample project. It had pretty good water and wave effects, kinda like Nintendo's Waverace.

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:24:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:24:07