Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Gosub prob?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 01:30
Hello. I have tried to add GOSUB functions to my code to add explosion effects, implement 3d sound, as well as add particle effects. Now, since I added the explosion effects, when I shoot the bullet, the sound effect of the explosion keeps going off and the bullet is tiny and lodged in the ground at my feet. WTF?!? I checked the bullet code several times and cannot figure out what is going on!
Before adding the explosion, the bullet would shoot streight ahead and have a particle fire effect after it. Now, unless you look down, you will not see a bullet. The bullet is stuck in the ground at the players feet! Can someone please help!

Fraggles where quite the scary lot...
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 04:03
at your feet normaly means a height of zero, so I guess you have somehow lost the height value for the bullet, you must have some variables that are shared in your code, thats why you should use functions, you can use the same variables in different functions and they don`t interfere with one another, make sure all variables in any part of your program have different names, or switch to functions.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Nvidia FX5900 gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:17:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:17:59