Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 3DCW Level Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 07:17 Edited at: 8th Aug 2004 07:22
Can we post items that wasn't written with DBP?
Anyways, I have developed and level editor, it is not complete but I need feedback on it. It was written with OGL is should be compatible with all OS's. But I have only been able to test it on Windows 9X and NT, and Linux. You can not import or export DBP files yet, but you can import Milkshape files. Please give it a try and let me know your feed back via email or my forum. I don't go to this or any other forums much anymore.

Check it out at http://www.3dcakewalk.com it is under downloads. Thanks For Your Help,

BTW yes it will be DBP compatible soon.
File is under 16Mb - If this is too large we could upload another version.

FREE SOFTWARE visit http://www.dtagamesstore.com/free_software_website.htm
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 07:55 Edited at: 8th Aug 2004 07:56
it look interesting but I have 1 question.
I read this on your website :
Quote: "
For developer teams, a special Team Edition is available. It can be installed on a given number of PCs. All members of the team must use the software for the same project, and may not use it for separate projects or outside the team"

So, if the team have 2 projects ... they can't use the team license for the 2 projects ... a bit limitative . not ?

OneTouch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 10:00 Edited at: 10th Aug 2004 01:13
Well, if that is the case, I am sure that DTAGames / 3DCakeWalk could make exceptions. You would have to email us with information on your projects. However, if you have a team of 25+ ppl, that is a loss of sales. I have not found any company that will allow a company to use their program in a team setting for more than one use, with only paying once. If each person owned their own copy, then the "team" or "company" could create unlimited projects.

I think that if you have 2 projects going at once, then there can be an exception, but not more than 2.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 06:51
yes I understand

Dot Merix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 10:15
Onetouch, i have a couple comments to make. First of all, your website appears to be a complete copy of Conitecs 3d Gamestudio found here; http://www.conitec.com/a4info.htm

You've replaced 3d gamestudio with 3dcakewalk. I'm sure the gamestudio creators, nor the darkbasic community are impressed with you doing so.

Write up your own website, use your imagination.

- Merix
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 12:02
DTA games sounds awfully familiar...Were you the ones trying to buy people's games?

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 13:11
Sounds like a great peice of software, as im about to begin learning C++, but the price is steep for the good one, $200, is something dont have.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
OneTouch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2004 02:35 Edited at: 14th Aug 2004 16:22
Yes apparently our EX HTML coder did copy allot from Conitec website. However 3DCW is 100% original.
We have been in touch with Conitec, and I hope the issue is resolved. Yes we were the ones buying the rights to ppl's software. And we were successful in a couple of areas. 3DCW is not finished yet, and we are only looking for testers to tell us how it is running so far.

OneTouch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2004 02:41 Edited at: 16th Sep 2004 02:45
New update for the 3DCW editor(09/14/04).
Please visit http://www.3dcakewalk.com to get the latest release.

I think in about 3 weeks it will be compatible with DarkBasic!

*************************************************************************************************
Updates:

3DCW – Improvements in version 0.3 (2004.09.15)

New Features:
- Optimized the program by eliminating unnecessary updates when the user is idle. The program works now faster and has better response times also when actions are performed on the scene.
Subfolders and relative paths:

- Store the paths for the images relative to the location where the scene was loaded; this enables the user to have its own directory structure or to keep each scene in a separate folder, together with its images.

- If the scene is not saved when trying to define a texture the user is prompted to save the scene.

- If the user is performing a “save as” he is warned that the path to already defined textures will be lost if the scene is saved in a different save path.
Note: the relative path rules apply also for the imported objects.

- Added “Add” submenu on to the mouse right-click menu.

- The position parameters in the Add Object dialog box are set to the position where the mouse-click was performed (the viewport x, y and a depth calculated from the depth of the portion visible in the current viewport is used to compute the X, Y, Z parameters).

- More realistic effects on the scene.

- Lights and shadows on textures.

- The user can now select shaded mode, flat mode and blend mode

- The default mode for a new added object is the flat mode

- Improved click and drag translate, rotate and scaling.

- Simplified the textures menu

- Axis in the middle of the coordinate system and with the extent of the grid.

- Renamed and resized the interface panels and windows.

- Reworked some of the interface buttons.

- Added up-down buttons in the light panel menu allowing a fine tuning of several parameters.

- Added a “Change” button in the texture selection menu allowing the changing of an already defined texture. The change will affect all the objects in the scene that were using the old texture.

- Added a “Paste exactly” options that copies the object exactly at the position of the object that was copied

Bug fixes:

- Fixed some strange behaviors of the minimap.

- Scene now reacts correctly when moving a light in the scene. Also when moving an object in the scene the light on the object is behaving as it should.

- Scaling an object on the Z coordinate disabled the lighting on the object.

- Cut, Copy and Delete options are now enabled correctly.

- Corrected situations when the View Fit option corrupted the scene.

- In the view/rendering menu the last option “Texture” is active only when the “Surface” option is enabled.

- In the view/rendering menu if the “Surface” option is disabled now all the objects in the scene are displayed in wireframe.

- Scaling and rotating an object now works on all the 3 axes not only on 2 of them.

- Corrected the effect of the various options from “View / Rendering”.

- Extended the undo/redo mechanism

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2004 03:07
Hi OneTouch,

Anything in this forum does have to be created with DBPro, or it must be something which relates to DBPro (eg: an editor). I'm not quite sure where this program stands.

From your website, this software is described as an "Authoring System". Does this mean it comes with its own compiler / interpreter?

In what sense will it be "DarkBASIC compatible"?

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2004 05:39 Edited at: 16th Sep 2004 09:16
Quote: "Now is your chance to pre-own 3DCW. Buy it now at 50% off, and when 3DCW is ready, we will ship it to you."

Sweet Preorder 50% off yay... 3 months later... Hey wheres my copy of 3d CakeWalk!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2004 07:20 Edited at: 16th Sep 2004 07:22
[edited] i did an error with another post ....

I agree with Rob.k

OneTouch
Years of Service
User Offline
It will soon have a compilier, right now, it only imports stuff made with Milkshape 3D. In about two weeks or so, the bugs should be worked out for it to build levels for DBP.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:10:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:10:26