Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Cannot get ANYTHING to run in trial version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

Please help. I try to run the simplest of programs and get "Runtime Error 1507 - Display using 32 bit is not supported by available hardware at line 0".

System is Athlon 500 with 3dfx voodoo3 video card.

Thanks for help!

Kurt
Tampa Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I've almost got it!!! I figured out that I need to change the exe settings to a different display mode... then I can check for better modes programatically.
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 13:29
If you have not, please go back to the post you made with the incorrect title. I think I threw people off by posting there to give you a pat on the back for making a better post name, so your answer is in there from another poster.

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 21:58
The voodoo cards never supported a 32 bit mode did they?

You should either use the fullscreen exclusive 16 bit mode, or use a windowed mode - that should get you running Ok.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:28:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:28:20