Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / i might be acting dumb but i need help, check it out

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 17:39
im a 15 year old and am new to game design, i assume royalty free means we can sell or distribute the game without getting in trouble, please correct that.

Copyright: Is there anything i should know like how to give credit to darkbasic(if i need to).

Copyright2: Will a game i create be protected by the laws of copyright?

The Flame Of The Heart,<Break> Is Torn Apart,<Break> As The One That Was Torn,<Break> Shall Not Come Back This Morn'.
Sincerely,
Heart Flame
SandraD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 23:31
Royalty free means, you do not to pay for the right to use the images or other media contained in the distribution package.

Giving credit, yes you should maention that in your documentation or game ending credits as a courtesy to those who helped you, created the images, and so on.

Yes, your game will be under "automatic copyright" when you complete it, but it is normal to file a standard form and get the appropriate copyright notice from the government.

Any truly great code should be indisguishable from magic.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 02:27
I have no ideas about copyright law in the land of 'somewhere'.

In the USA, copyrights are automatic, but if you ever think that you will need to take legal action against someone, you should register that copyright with the government. IIRC, the cost is around $30. Just serach the web and you'll find a ton of resources on copyrights and games. Most game sites like Gamasutra and Game Dev.Net have articles of legal rights and terminology.
--
TAZ

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1
Heart Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 02:54
Quote: "Yes, your game will be under "automatic copyright" when you complete it, but it is normal to file a standard form and get the appropriate copyright notice from the government.
"

this means i need to get the game verfied or something? or can i distrubte it without someone else stealing it?

The Flame Of The Heart,<Break> Is Torn Apart,<Break> As The One That Was Torn,<Break> Shall Not Come Back This Morn'.
Sincerely,
Heart Flame
Heart Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 04:16
oh, nm i understand, thx

Sincerely,
Heart Flame

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:28:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:28:38