Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with collision...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 02:21
I am having some problems with the collision detection for my monster. He has no AI at the moment (I am controlling him with the number keys, as you can see), but when he tries to move through the pillar, the program lets him. Not quite sure what I am missing. Thanks for checking my source code and any help you can lend!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 04:56
if object collision(3,2)>0 then position object 3,monX#,0,monZ#

that is not realy doing anything. it is basically saying, if the monster collides with the box, place the monster monster position X, 0, monster position Z. What you need is some sliding collision plugin, or there are sliing collision codes out there.
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 07:21
OK, I was a little confused as that is about what the code looks like for my player CD.Thanks

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:31:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:31:34