Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can't even get 3D spinning cube to work. Help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just bought DarkBasic pro yesterday and already I seem to be having problems. While I can get "Hello World" to work just fine, I can't get the 3D spinning cube to even show up. Whenever I try to run the app, it just sits there on my taskbar and does nothing. It doesn't display, all I see is just my usual Windows screen. The Animation Showcase also does the same thing when I try to run it.

I can't understand why they won't show. I installed the DirectX9 beforehand and my computer has the following specs:

2.8 GHz
384 MB RAM
60 GB HD
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2004 14:32
Make sure you have DirectX 9.0b. What upgrade of DBP are you running. You will also want to get all of the upgrades for the editor. Or use an alternative editor like Blue IDE or Twilight. Also make sure your video card drivers were updated as well when you installed DirectX 9.0b

allexand
Years of Service
User Offline
I just downloaded the 5.5 upgrade and installed it. I've tried closing down all my programs. I have DirectX 9.0b and when I run the DirectX diagnostic tool it says there are no problems. It even tests my computer by showing spinning 3D boxes on screen! Also, the precompiled projects that came with DarkBasic Pro ran just fine until I try to open them in the editor then they started doing the same thing. Is there anyone else out there who's had this problem? Does anybody know what to do? Tech support has a 2-day wait response and there's no documentation about how to troubleshoot this thing!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 14:23
You could try putting SYNC in there.

"eureka" - Archimedes
allexand
Years of Service
User Offline
I appreciate the help but putting sync in the code does not work either.
Dreq934
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 15:07
What kind of video card are you using?

I'm smarter than you. Any retaliation to this statement further proves my point.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:20:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:20:09