Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to make snake? I need some advice.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 05:04
Hi!

I would like to enter this years compo, and try to make a snake clone, the problem is that I dont know how. I cant understand how I would make the snake turn directions, and grow like the snake games of past. Any pointers? Could someone explain how I would go about doing a snake game?

Thanks

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 05:37
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=25321&b=7

PII 300 : 64mb ram : voodoo II 12mb : Win98
Hell Dragonz43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 05:51 Edited at: 11th Aug 2004 06:00
I had the same question! Same exact question! yay... And i was about to give up Thank you so much!

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 06:17
That helps, but I would like to know how I would do a snake game in 3D, and instead of making the sharp 90 degree turns like other snake games, I want the snake to turn in a smooth fasion.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 09:11
Maybe I should explain more of what Im looking for. I need to know how to make a snake game where the snake has different segments, my snake game will have you running over evil pedestrians, and each pedestrian you run over another cop car begins tailing you, so instead of a moving line, it will be a moving trail of cars. It also needs to control differently than regular snake games, sense its a car, it cant turn at a 90 degree angle like regular old snake. Im not asking for the code, Im just asking for a description of how to do that.

Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?gf=retro_entries

There are probably several snake clones there (I remember playign at least 1) and all of them include source code.

This sig has been dullified!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:33:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:33:11